Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, hk blues said:

FFS...you are suggesting only married folk or those with kids can get tired?  

Apparently it’s also the case that if you don’t have kids you don’t understand what it is to be busy, stressed, or experience true love or happiness too. 

Its clearly pish. Kids can’t possibly equal the love or true joy I felt for the Scotland team when we qualified for the Euros whilst I was also cracking open a bottle of limited-edition ice-cold salted caramel Baileys. That’s true happiness.

Edited by Jambomo

Gatekeeping tiredness 😅

I've no doubt that having kids can often be exhausting, but to try and claim that those without kids and, even more bizarrely, those who are single can't possibly ever be tired is just odd.

When breeders moan about their kids, the answer is simple. 

"That's what you get for shaggin" 

Closely followed by, 

"You get priority parking spaces at the supermarket, dry yer eyes" 

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Apparently it’s also the case that if you don’t have kids you don’t understand what it is to be busy, stressed, or experience true love or happiness too. 

Busy, stressed, hard-working mums are the very people who know ever nuance of at least 3 different soaps at any given point.

It's a load of hogwash.

Mine. Two of them. One footie, one not.

Non footie: Mid January in Scotland. Around 4pm. Somewhere around 10% of drivers on the road seem unwilling to put on their lights because “they can see just fine, and there is no need for them until the street lighting comes on. There is of course “saving money cos car lights burn up fuel”. I hate every one of them.

Footie: When football commentators regularly say “the three additional minutes are up, but the referee still hasn’t blown”. You’d think these people would understand added time. It’s boomed out over the PA “that the referee has indicated that there will be a minimum of three minutes added time”.
For whatever reason, commentators can’t grasp the “minimum” word. If the referee’s watch determines that 3 minutes 54 seconds needs to be added to the 90, he is still obliged to say “a minimum of three minutes” because he can’t say “four minutes”. Why can’t the commentators understand it?

Bedtime.

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Crying In Corner GIFs | Tenor

JimBaxters after seeing how well his PTTTGOYN went down!

Haha aye definitely pal. It's been a terrible 20 odd hours for me.

Nah, if I was arsed about a few red dots, I would be contributing to the wrong forum. 

Incidentally, not 10 minutes ago a colleague has just told me they're "glad it's nearly Friday" as they're shattered. According to you lads I should have put my arm round them but I made a perfunctory sympathetic noise and moved on. Hit the middle gound. 

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Haha aye definitely pal. It's been a terrible 20 odd hours for me.

Nah, if I was arsed about a few red dots, I would be contributing to the wrong forum. 

Incidentally, not 10 minutes ago a colleague has just told me they're "glad it's nearly Friday" as they're shattered. According to you lads I should have put my arm round them but I made a perfunctory sympathetic noise and moved on. Hit the middle gound. 

No, you should have said "Aye, nearly broke the back of the week bro!". 

Sadly an opportunity missed by yourself. Maybe you're too tired to see the signs? 

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This conversation usually plays out like this in my experience.

Hi, how ye doin?

Bit tired actually.

Oh, sorry to heat that, maybe have an early finish. (Out loud)

It's not with fucking working ya lazy cünt! (In my head)

Move on swiftly.

Just be sure not to get them the wrong way round.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

No, you should have said "Aye, nearly broke the back of the week bro!". 

Sadly an opportunity missed by yourself. Maybe you're too tired to see the signs? 

You know, that's just brought home to me the thing I miss the absolute least now I'm working from home:

Lift "banter"

Some arsepipe hitting out with "Oh, well...it's nearly Friday..." at lunchtime on a Tuesday because they can't travel three fucking floors without saying something...

At the tea point in my old work i asked a notorious moaning faced bint how were things. She told me about her gripe with her boss, car trouble and how she was coming down with a cold. I couldn't help an audible guffaw when she ended with "still, musn't grumble". I'm still not sure if she was joking. 

19 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

You know, that's just brought home to me the thing I miss the absolute least now I'm working from home:

Lift "banter"

Some arsepipe hitting out with "Oh, well...it's nearly Friday..." at lunchtime on a Tuesday because they can't travel three fucking floors without saying something...

The Friday obsession is annoying.