Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

58 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

My store is going through this all. 

Clothing section in Alloa tesco I believe makes the biggest profit in Scotland 

Makes sense. If you want to buy clothes in Alloa, you've literally got Tesco and Asda. Everywhere else has closed.

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Due to  Dave’s big pants sales alone.

Pff. They haven't had anything with a 60" waist in ages.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

££££££

Yeah, I know. It's just depressing.

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Never heard of this. Is it only for children?

The board says something like 'Why not give your child a healthy snack while you shop' so it's intended for kids but if they are expecting to lose that profit anyway I doubt they'd huckle an adult out for eating it.

Our Tesco have removed this due to covid. Don’t know if a local decision or across the board. 

Our Tesco have removed this due to covid. Don’t know if a local decision or across the board. 
It's probably gone from ours as well tbh. The only time I'm in Tesco now is for an item or two so I can't say I've clocked it.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sounds great. Unfortunately, that involves me leaving North Lanarkshire, crossing through Glasgow, and emerging wide-eyed and disbelieving into Renfrewshire..... ever seen the ‘Great Escape’? Will have to make do with the jar of instant in the back of the cupboard.

51 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sounds great. Unfortunately, that involves me leaving North Lanarkshire, crossing through Glasgow, and emerging wide-eyed and disbelieving into Renfrewshire..... ever seen the ‘Great Escape’? 

Good luck, Major...

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Sounds great. Unfortunately, that involves me leaving North Lanarkshire, crossing through Glasgow, and emerging wide-eyed and disbelieving into Renfrewshire..... ever seen the ‘Great Escape’?

Except it wouldn't be earth pouring out of your trouser legs?

Thought about posting this in the top fives facebook thread, but plumped for here instead.

Shite like this.

This one is a particularly 'good' example of this genre as, far from being clever, the last equation contains 4 unknown values. It's quite literally unsolvable.

FB_IMG_1612121392467.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The answer is 70.

It's not, it's meant to be 28, although correct application of BODMAS would give you 10.

But that's not the point. The values of a pictogram of a clock showing 2 o'clock, a single banana, and a cookie with 7 choc chips are all not defined at any previous point.

Edited by Todd_is_God

On 29/01/2021 at 13:11, Bairnardo said:

It's intended for children, although I am sure youd get away with a wee easy peeler if you were desperate

If they're stuffing their faces with fruit  , they're not stuffing their pockets with paffle 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's not, it's meant to be 28, although correct application of BODMAS would give you 10.

But that's not the point. The values of a pictogram of a clock showing 2 o'clock, a single banana, and a cookie with 7 choc chips are all not defined at any previous point.

They're implied. The cookies in the first row each have 10 chips. It can therefore be assumed that each chip is worth 1.

The bananas in the second row are worth 2, and there are two of them. Easy maths for what one banana is therefore worth.

The clocks in the third row are at 3 o'clock and are worth three. The obvious extrapolation is that a clock at 2 o'clock is worth 2.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They're implied. The cookies in the first row each have 10 chips. It can therefore be assumed that each chip is worth 1.

The bananas in the second row are worth 2, and there are two of them. Easy maths for what one banana is therefore worth.

The clocks in the third row are at 3 o'clock and are worth three. The obvious extrapolation is that a clock at 2 o'clock is worth 2.

And therein lies the problem. The pictures may look similar, but they are different.

Because of this, their value is unknown.