Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The only thing you could buy with a ha'penny when I was young was a mojo chew

ETA: a mojo chew was a sweetie not some kind of sexual act. 

Aye, right.

19 hours ago, buchan30 said:

The waters got down the side of the bath due to the shower curtain. It’s leaked into a bit where the sealant had came away and basically soaked the underflooring.

Will probably actually just be the flooring and panels replaced, but its a pain and i am shit at diy.

If only there was a poster who could swoosh in like a post-leak fairy and sort out all that nasty leak damage, kill all the mould, patch stuff up and make things habitable again (work in progress btw - paint was still wet and woodwork not yet painted..)

0B8304DD-F910-4BB7-9AB2-2CCBDE2A1A10.jpeg

If only there was a poster who could swoosh in like a post-leak fairy and sort out all that nasty leak damage, kill all the mould, patch stuff up and make things habitable again (work in progress btw - paint was still wet and woodwork not yet painted..)

0B8304DD-F910-4BB7-9AB2-2CCBDE2A1A10.thumb.jpeg.8c46327e1cecc53c78800a33bb8d989f.jpeg
If such a person does exist, especially if they are in the Kingdom, then send me a DM as we haven't been let down by all manner of people who have said they'd make good the water marks etc. on our living room ceiling. Seriously, I'd be happy to get a message from someone who could do this.

Couple of things I've noticed during coverage of the US Presidential elections.

1. The POTUS is described as "The Leader of the Free World". Wait, when did that happen? I don't recall being consulted. He's leader of one country which happens to be the biggest and most powerful, meaning they could impose their will and bring Amurrican values to other nations (God help us all) but then you have to wonder where the 'free' part comes in.

2. When they give his full name, in official circumstances. the current President-elect is referred to as "Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior". Junior? The man is 78, FFS! How old is Joseph Robinette Biden SENIOR? And if he's dead (he is, he died in 2002) why does Biden have to continue to use the Junior part?

Couple of things I've noticed during coverage of the US Presidential elections.
  1. The POTUS is described as "The Leader of the Free World". Wait, when did that happen? I don't recall being consulted. He's leader of one country which happens to be the biggest and most powerful, meaning they could impose their will and bring Amurrican values to other nations (God help us all) but then you have to wonder where the 'free' part comes in.

2. When they give his full name, in official circumstances. the current President-elect is referred to as "Joseph Robinette Biden, Junior". Junior? The man is 78, FFS! How old is Joseph Robinette Biden SENIOR? And if he's dead (he is, he died in 2002) why does Biden have to continue to use the Junior part?
The answer to both is as follows.

Americans love that shit

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

New box of fruit and fibre this morning. I got 6 raisins and 6mm of dried apple among my bran flakes. 

I went through a phase of eating fruit and fibre, I found Tesco own brand the best.

HMRC still hasn't completed my tax calculation for last year and now 'aims' to do so and send a P800 out by April 5. While it's clearly been a busy year, this is a failed state level of service for a straightforward PAYE, oh we fucked up here's some money back process. And they should be adding a year's inflation + interest on top as well.