Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t like the way the word receipt is spelt, the p seems pretentious and unnecessary.

After it was pointed out on OTB recently(ish), it genuinely riles me that fridge has a 'd', yet refrigerator does not.

Websites in which lists of numbered things have them in the wrong order (when they've tried to put them in order).  In the case of numbers 1-20:

1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 2, 20, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

AMATEUR HOUR!

58613abc-8808-4f1e-a356-902783328e20_scr

Eta:  there's a government-run website that does this, and as I'm forced to use it most days, every day is a little step closer to homicidal mania.  No problem with the Norwegian government's website for the same thing though.  They know that 10 comes after 9.  Clever people.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I do have a kettle. I use it for cooking pasta (for the avoidance or doubt I use it boil the water then pour said boiling water in to a pot; I don't try and cook the pasta inside the kettle ).

I had a colleague, now retired, who asked me not to use the kettle because she was boiling an egg in it.

15 hours ago, gannonball said:

Just checked this and think thats very miss leading. The overall population of Stirling is clearly bigger tbh (albeit with the rate Inverness is growing perhaps not for very long. ) Places like Bannockburn are really part of of Stirling now as there is no land gap between them. Next will probably be Bridge of Allan on the other side which isn’t even listed in part of the greater area. Not that anyone gives a f**k tbh as even factoring all these places it still isn’t a city.

Exactly. A bigger population doesn't make a big hillbilly town a 'city'. it's still a town. Inverness, however big it grows, is still just a big town. 

32 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Exactly. A bigger population doesn't make a big hillbilly town a 'city'. it's still a town. Inverness, however big it grows, is still just a big town. 

What the fine and noble City of Stirling, with its castle and University, needs to do is annex the nearby tiddly towns like Alloa and Falkirk so that they become mere suburbs of the mighty Central Scotland metropolis.

This is what Edinburgh did with Leith and Portobello and Glasgow did with Govan.

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. Have said before and il say again, Inverness is almost exactly Stirling but a bit further North and a few years behind.

I like Inverness but it’s true that some of the pubs feel a bit 90s. The way people dress, the music, etc. It was a good laugh but does feel like going back in time a bit. 

Also there seems to be a proliferation of ‘boy racers’. I thought that had largely died a death but apparently souped of Citroen Saxos with a spoiler are still a thing up there.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

On 18/12/2020 at 01:16, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

It's a long shot, but it might work. Try moving to Syria or Yemen. Maybe your First World problems might be put into perspective. You never know, but it's worth a try. 

Don't drink and post. Just don't. What a ridiculous thing to say. Sorry.