Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Booked my car in for a service on Monday and went to drop it off today. Apparently, I'm an idiot for assuming that this meant that my service had actually been booked when I turned up today. According to them it "Clearly says in the email to wait for you booking to be confirmed."

I'll let P&B judge what the main message of this email was:

image.png.1ea1e532395c441a926b4bbf981ab9b7.png

image.png.f7210c7373f1dcc3076d72f319348344.png

image.png.97ceb122b098f687f4cb2fe5841aba83.png

Clearly your service was confirmed and not the booking for your service. 

I booked a service online at a halfords autocentre about a week in advance. When i turned up, one of the builders working in the empty shell explained it had been closed for a few weeks since the roof caved in. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Audi driver...

MRW I open the camera app on my phone and it's set to the front facing  camera | Cool gifs, Cute guys, Steve carell

Deserve all you get.

The jealousy seeping out of every pore.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Today comes and goes without an appearance from Hotpoint, despite texts saying the engineer was minutes away at one point. Then get a call from their service centre to say the engineer cancelled the job as he didn’t have the parts, despite the one last week saying he had the parts and would pass them on to the engineer. Even if he didn’t have them, surely you check what job you’re going to and make sure you have the parts before you arrive ffs. They’ll contact me in 3-4 working days to rearrange as the part no longer is held in stock by them. So what did the c**t last week have in the van then?!

I’m absolutely fucking seething at how useless this company are. Disgraceful service.

More on this. I’ve looked online and it appears everyone is currently getting as shit a service with some waiting months for repairs to actually get sorted. I’m now strongly considering cancelling the direct debit repair plan I had to set up for the initial call, booking a local company to have a look and letting Hotpoint chase me for any money. They’ve only actually attended 2 of the 4 appointments booked now, and neither time fixed anything. 

My head has entered orbit it’s so far gone.

21 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Booked my car in for a service on Monday and went to drop it off today. Apparently, I'm an idiot for assuming that this meant that my service had actually been booked when I turned up today. According to them it "Clearly says in the email to wait for you booking to be confirmed."

"You'll receive confirmation of your booking within the next 48 hours"

22 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

When I lived down that way I'd have taken in to Rude Bimmers or Rude Mercs in Bethnal Green. Think they shut about 15 years ago though. HTH. 

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

More on this. I’ve looked online and it appears everyone is currently getting as shit a service with some waiting months for repairs to actually get sorted. I’m now strongly considering cancelling the direct debit repair plan I had to set up for the initial call, booking a local company to have a look and letting Hotpoint chase me for any money. They’ve only actually attended 2 of the 4 appointments booked now, and neither time fixed anything. 

To be honest  i'm rooting for hotpoint here. Excellent wummery. 

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I had felt real empathy for your Hotpoint situation but since you've outed yourself as an Audi driver, this is the point where we throw our heads back in laughter.

tenor (2).gif

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

To be honest  i'm rooting for hotpoint here. Excellent wummery. 

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I had felt real empathy for your Hotpoint situation but since you've outed yourself as an Audi driver, this is the point where we throw our heads back in laughter.

tenor (2).gif

Absolutely disgusting from you both. I’m having a torrid time here having to physically wash my dishes by hand. 

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

I have a nice shiny new dishwasher i my nice shiny new apartment. No idea if it works because I'm a sad, lonely old man that only ever has one plate/cup/knife/fork etc to wash other than the occasional pan.

^^^probably doesn't wash them every time either.

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Companies which really stretch the limit of "Highland" when marketing their products.

Like a well known spring water company based south of Perth and which gets its water from the Ochils.

Or a fine single malt that comes from Orkney.