Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Harry Corry logo. 

It's just the guy's name written in some skinny Arial-like font, which I could recreate in PowerPoint within 15 secs.  For a rather widespread chain, I'm looking for a bit more imagination, plus it looks tacky and sh*te.  In a word: lazy. 

No chance I'll be setting foot in one of their stores if that's the effort they put in to things. F*** you Harry, and your stores. 

That's the way I feel about businesses with letters missing from their sign. If they can't be bothered to fix it then it's a sure sign they're going down the tubes and nobody cares any more.

sunshine desserts.jpg

28 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Need to time the dog walking a bit better. School kids walking by and he wants to play and they're not so keen. Crazy cocker spaniel chasing these screaming bairns. He thinks they're loving it so he's completely rubbering me shouting on him and semi chasing after him. 🤦‍♂️

Spaniels are dopey - springer/cocker/King Charles, you name it they're all the same.

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good to see Tyson Fury telling them to f**k off.

I like how Andy Murray never showed up to collect his awards as it was always held when he was baw deep in a winter training camp in Miami.

Edit - And did they not always get Lennox Lewis to present it to him in person?

Edited by TheScarf

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Need to time the dog walking a bit better. School kids walking by and he wants to play and they're not so keen. Crazy cocker spaniel chasing these screaming bairns. He thinks they're loving it so he's completely rubbering me shouting on him and semi chasing after him. 🤦‍♂️

The dog obviously thinks chasing them is more fun than you.

next time it happens don’t chase the dog, instead run away from it whilst screaming at the top of your voice.

It might not make any difference but at least you won’t look like someone that can’t train a dog.

4 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:
23 hours ago, The Moonster said:
I politely asked my office colleagues not to bother with Christmas cards. It's a waste of their time and money, it's a waste of perfectly good trees and most importantly, I don't celebrate Christmas so the wishes of merriment are lost on me.
There was two on my desk when I got in this morning. 

I dont do Christmas cards however if one of my colleagues politely asked me not to bother I'd be straight into Clinton's for the biggest, glitter covered 3D basterd i could find.

I'd be putting that in the bin in front of you.

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

That's the way I feel about businesses with letters missing from their sign. If they can't be bothered to fix it then it's a sure sign they're going down the tubes and nobody cares any more.

sunshine desserts.jpg

I didn't get where I am today by replacing the missing letters on our sign...