Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Never been more important.  Contributing to food banks is one of the simplest practical things we can do at the moment.  Not just food but toys too.

While at the same time raging that this is necessary in 2020.

All part of the Tories' Victorian revival. 

On 12/12/2020 at 08:28, pandarilla said:

Surely things get better when she goes, though?

I fucking hate people that go through life with a dour attitude. We always have bad days but you've got to make some effort with people sometimes, especially at Christmas.

I generally enjoy when these folk piss off, when other folk can point out their misery and then get on with the evening.

It does but most of the day has already had the fun sucked out of it with her presence. It's amazing how just one of these people can bring an entire party down just by being there. Someone who just sits watching it all.

Edited by red23

Not so much a PTTGOYN but incredulity on my part. Why do people who own a decent slice of the planet's wealth, a fucking huge one in this case, decide where they want to live because they're scared of paying taxes? It's like moving out of your girlfriend's flat because you're worried the DWP might find out you're sharing a bed, and you're one of the richest people on the planet!?! That c**t who owns Ineos is another one, and vacuum cleaner boy.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oracle-larry-ellison-says-moved-205441890.html

Not so much a PTTGOYN but incredulity on my part. Why do people who own a decent slice of the planet's wealth, a fucking huge one in this case, decide where they want to live because they're scared of paying taxes? It's like moving out of your girlfriend's flat because you're worried the DWP might find out you're sharing a bed, and you're one of the richest people on the planet!?! That c**t who owns Ineos is another one, and vacuum cleaner boy.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/oracle-larry-ellison-says-moved-205441890.html
Mixufruit has this one covered IMO

Never been more important.  Contributing to food banks is one of the simplest practical things we can do at the moment.  Not just food but toys too.
The classic tory withdraw funding because the good will of the working class will fill the gap.

14 minutes ago, Empty It said:
8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The classic tory withdraw funding because the good will of the working class will fill the gap.

So you think we shouldn’t contribute to food banks?

I politely asked my office colleagues not to bother with Christmas cards. It's a waste of their time and money, it's a waste of perfectly good trees and most importantly, I don't celebrate Christmas so the wishes of merriment are lost on me.
There was two on my desk when I got in this morning. 
I dont do Christmas cards however if one of my colleagues politely asked me not to bother I'd be straight into Clinton's for the biggest, glitter covered 3D basterd i could find.

Need to time the dog walking a bit better. School kids walking by and he wants to play and they're not so keen. Crazy cocker spaniel chasing these screaming bairns. He thinks they're loving it so he's completely rubbering me shouting on him and semi chasing after him. 🤦‍♂️