Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Got a new computer from the work. The Ctrl and Fn keys have been swapped so that Ctrl isn’t the bottom left any more. This gets me every time I try to unlock it.

then the number pad isn’t switched on and I type my passcode in repeatedly without anything showing.

It’s good to start every working day mildly infuriated.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:20, TheScarf said:

Was walking across the car park at my local Co-op this morning and some hoor in an Audi A1 comes screeching into the car park and fired towards where I'm walking -through a parent and child space that's in front of the door.

She's going that so fast she has to actually stop and let me finish walking through it.  We end up leaving the shop at the same time and I take a look in her car and there's nobody in it, not even a child seat.  

I may have mentioned it on here before but do some people with kids think parent and child spaces are for just if you have kids in general, not kids in the car?  Like it's some special fucking prize for being fertile, 'Here, have a space closer to the fucking door since you've had 5 kids with 7 different men'.

I shit you not I saw her do the same thing this morning, this time as I was driving off.  Into the same space too.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I shit you not I saw her do the same thing this morning, this time as I was driving off.  Into the same space too.

I pulled a guy up in Sainsbury’s car park for using the parent and child spaces and got a tirade of abuse as a reward. Just spit on her windscreen.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've just read two people champion Timothy Dalton as one of the best Bond and its riled me. 

A truly, truly woeful actor. 

I agree but thespian excellence has never really been a requirement for James Bond actors.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I pulled a guy up in Sainsbury’s car park for using the parent and child spaces and got a tirade of abuse as a reward. Just spit on her windscreen.

I'm going to pish on the handle of the driver side door next time I see her.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Ridiculous train pricing.

Newcastle-Aviemore (changing at Waverley) = £95
Newcastle-Waverley + Waverley-Aviemore = £50

Surely this is something the government should be looking at stopping.

Splitting tickets can save a fortune. I don't know why but i suspect that franchise agreements have requirements for numbers of journeys. 

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Two big b*****d jumbo-sized planes just flew over Aberdeen near side by side, but aren't showing on FlightRadar24.  Any idea what they are? (presumed military)

I was a bit late getting to the camera...

20201014_152655-1.thumb.jpg.ae5ec4400b54703977af1646103ea658.jpg

They're Chinese tankers pumping out Covid contrails.

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They're Chinese tankers pumping out Covid contrails.

I expect people to fall to the ground slowly like in Goldfinger, being careful not to hurt themselves. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Splitting tickets can save a fortune. I don't know why but i suspect that franchise agreements have requirements for numbers of journeys. 

Certain sections of routes have reduced fares, usually to and from major hubs and often on commuter lines. It's been the same since privatisation, I must be a bit weird in quite enjoying working out the cheapest combination of tickets for long distance journeys, you can save a fortune. When I go to HL away games on the Inverness to Aberdeen line it's often cheaper to get a return all the way to Aberdeen when I'm only going half way or something.

Edited by welshbairn