Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 04/10/2020 at 22:46, tamthebam said:

I booked a B&B once in York, about 15 years ago, quite a nice place with friendly folk. I met the wife of the owner who was welcoming and the breakfast was good. It wasn't until I was leaving that I saw the name of the owner:

Marco Gabbiadini

He was a tasty player with York and Derby in his time but there were no football pictures on the walls or anything that would have led you to believe he'd been a footballer. He was actually quite a quiet chap.

Anyway the name of it escapes me but I'd recommend Marco Gabbiadini's B&B if it's still going.

Ahhh, that’ll be The Roker Makkum Stadium of Light Guest House

YouTube is full of people who've picked up bewildering pronunciations. Just watched a video where a lad spent the entire thing referring to the colour "baydge".

Parents should still be allowed to slap their weans around for this kind of thing.

Boomers who bang on about guineas and shillings, expecting it to mean something to anybody under the age of 40.  More so when they expect this but can't even give a rough figure of their value in modern day terms. 

I say this as I just had a conversation with one talking about "kids just now who want 20p whilst guising when we would get a shilling if we were really lucky, which is only 5 (new) pence today".  I tried to explain that you can't compare the value of 5p now to 5p then, and got the reply "no, they're worth exactly the same".

tenor.gif

Even at 20p, I would presume that would only buy you the novelty of an egg running down your door or window.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Urinals that start flushing before you've finished. Just fucking wait a minute!

Public toilets generally. Especially the perenial piss puddle at the front of every urinal on Earth!

ETA. Better that than what a woman has to go through. How they can walk straight in after someone is beyond me.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Public toilets generally. Especially the perenial piss puddle at the front of every urinal on Earth!

ETA. Better that than what a woman has to go through. How they can walk straight in after someone is beyond me.

Some can't. Some insist on going home if the pub toilet doesn't meet her exacting requirements and someone like that might get told to get a fucking taxi herself.

53 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Watched Schemers at the DCA. A solid 7 out of 10, but cannot for the life of me understand why professional Scottish actors cannot do a Dundee accent

Eh Ken min.