Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I wish they would stop apologising for the swearing on the football. Or just issue a blanket apology at the start of the broadcast. Tedious shite.

They still turning a deaf ear to the sectarian shite, only to start clutching pearls when somebody says the word "f**k" somewhere near a microphone?

On 31/07/2020 at 23:48, MONKMAN said:

I parked a hire car right outside my mates flat in Toronto after he told me it would be fine and I wouldn’t get a ticket, I got a ticket. Got a letter through the door back home, ignored it and the car hire company took the money from my credit card with interest.

I left Australia with a shit load of parking fines and a not wearing a seatbelt fine. They got ignored as I’ve no intention of ever going back to the place. The car me and my mates had which was parked outside out flat in Bondi Junction, would get a new ticket every day. It got to the point where we just stopped driving the car and left it outside with about 100 tickets on the windscreen.

Pretty sure my old flatmate will have issues entering the US after he ignored 3 speeding tickets from Arizona.

48 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Folk 'bumping elbows' as a new way of saying hello. Mad.

I don't see why a quick nod of the head wouldn't suffice. That's all I'd be doing with my hands firmly in my pockets. 

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Folk 'bumping elbows' as a new way of saying hello. Mad.

31 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't see why a quick nod of the head wouldn't suffice. That's all I'd be doing with my hands firmly in my pockets. 

Making physical contact with people you've known for years but haven't seen for a while is a new thing. There is no need to shake hands, hug, or bump fists or elbows.

A grunted "Aw right?" Is perfectly adequate.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Making physical contact with people you've known for years but haven't seen for a while is a new thing. There is no need to shake hands, hug, or bump costs or elbows.

A grunted "Aw right?" Is perfectly adequate.

If it's someone that you have been friends with you can show how happy you are to see them by adding "cunto" 

On 31/07/2020 at 13:44, Junior Pub League said:

You are working from home and doing f**k all so if the Zoom meeting starts at 10, turn the f**k up by 10:00

Not 10:03 or 10:05 but by 10:00. Sheer bad manners to be late.

My new boss (female) does this and demands we start from the beginning again. 

If you don't she says "well  i cannot assist if i do not know what this call is about"

If you dare question her or try address it? You're accused of being disrespectful and reports you straight to the boss and targets you. I did this and she wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks and even sat in payed customer calls not contributing leaving me myself to host a 4 hour technical  call. She then sits through it and takes notes where you made mistakes or couldn't answer a question and sends out an email CC'ing the boss in to highlight your incompetence.

Edited by red23

5 minutes ago, red23 said:

My new boss (female) does this and demands we start from the beginning again. 

If you don't she says "well  i cannot assist if i do not know what this call is about"

If you dare question her or try address it? You're accused of being disrespectful and reports you straight to the boss and targets you. I did this and she wouldn't talk to me for 2 weeks and even sat in payed customer calls not contributing leaving me myself to host a 4 hour technical  call. She then sits through it and takes notes where you made mistakes or couldn't answer a question and sends out an email CC'ing the boss in to highlight your incompetence.

cheaney-trafalgar-capped-derby-boot-in-black-calf-leather-p880-6089_zoom.thumb.jpg.1c3525af961a91f0d2985f22696a26fd.jpgpork-pie-cropped.jpg.c78e4ae9c7280caa3837404bb03cc2fa.jpg

5 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They still turning a deaf ear to the sectarian shite, only to start clutching pearls when somebody says the word "f**k" somewhere near a microphone?

In my stint as a lower division commentator I used to quite enjoy issuing an apology seated next to some foaming at the mouth fan at Stair Park. 

Brechin fans were the worst for agricultural language being overheard on the mic but you never got the satisfaction of them overhearing your apology as you were up in a gantry, ironically beside a Presbyterian Minister filming the game for the home side. 

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pretty sure my old flatmate will have issues entering the US after he ignored 3 speeding tickets from Arizona.

Having only 3 speeding tickets gets you a commendation in parts of Maricopa County.