Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
No idea, but have you gone full whack on an autobahn section with no limit yet, if they still exist?

Definitely on the bucket list to take my car there.

Couldn't you just take it to Knockhill? Slightly more twisty, granted, but I'm sure you could go full pelt on the straight. 

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Couldn't you just take it to Knockhill? Slightly more twisty, granted, but I'm sure you could go full pelt on the straight. 

I used to use the Southern end of the A74 at a quiet time to test the max, probably cameras all over the place now.

No idea, but have you gone full whack on an autobahn section with no limit yet, if they still exist?

Me and a couple of mates drove to Austria for skiing a few years back, via Frankfurt. Was going about 135mph for a brief period on the autobahn and was absolutely shitting myself. Plenty of cars were just cruising by at that speed. I then noticed the fuel consumption on the car, coupled with my fear, and decided a moderate 80mph would be enough.

1 minute ago, MONKMAN said:

Me and a couple of mates drove to Austria for skiing a few years back, via Frankfurt. Was going about 135mph for a brief period on the autobahn and was absolutely shitting myself. Plenty of cars were just cruising by at that speed. I then noticed the fuel consumption on the car, coupled with my fear, and decided a moderate 80mph would be enough.

My main worry is the tyres coping with something they're not remotely designed for, usually go for the ones just above cheapest.

It's pretty mental in places, seen myself cruising along around 77mph overtaking the occasional truck or Nissan Micra and every so often you'll have someone absolutely melting it past at what's probably way over 100mph. 

28 minutes ago, Empty It said:
56 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It'll be going up to knockhill when its eventually "finished".

Will the Allegro make it round a lap without breaking down?

Good fun driving round there. Quite physically demanding too with the elevation changes. Gives your neck a workout. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How does it work with points with speeding abroad? I've been caught 3 times past year. Was never caught in the UK, the cameras here are made to fucking camouflage in. 

EU courts can transfer a fine to local courts for collection but I don't think they transfer the points. 

In this country if you have a foreign licence the DVLA get informed by the court and they get transferred to any UK licence the offender may have applied for. Also if, for example, a Polish driver gets the statutory 1 year ban for drunk driving in the UK they are still free to drive in Poland as they have only been banned in the UK 

2 hours ago, Empty It said:
6 hours ago, welshbairn said:
You might be lucky, don't think they work 100%. Seen the flash a couple of times when I was well over the limit and didn't get a ticket. Were you on a 60 limit road?

I always thought you were caught with a double flash but single flash was just a warning.

Kenneth Williams Interview 1974  Part 1 - Hilarious GIF

41 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Paging a Mr Kenneth Williams....

Carry On Doctor (1967)  Kenneth Williams as Dr.Kenneth Tinkle

32 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve only been properly done when you’ve had the triple flash. 

Kenneth Williams Leespoons GIF - KennethWilliams Leespoons OohMatron GIFs

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I used to use the Southern end of the A74 at a quiet time to test the max, probably cameras all over the place now.

Nothing fixed, but they have a habit of popping a van on a bridge.

22 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How does it work with points with speeding abroad? I've been caught 3 times past year. Was never caught in the UK, the cameras here are made to fucking camouflage in. 

I got caught by a camera in France last year. 90 Euro fine waiting for me when I got home.  That was it.  No points.

15 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got caught by a camera in France last year. 90 Euro fine waiting for me when I got home.  That was it.  No points.

^^^ Was facing 6 years but fluttered his eyelashes at le judge type post.