Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Sakes, I just posted about this on another thread thinking I was well smart for noticing it. Took me about 3 reads to figure out what he was on about. 

I felt  a bit guilty for pointing it out until i realised it was from a trolling account and they would appreciate the attention, any attention. 

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The number of places creating outside seating/waiting areas that block more than half the pavement. Prime example being the new hipster p***k barbers on Byres Road with their stupid roped off section.

That was empty when I went past it yesterday and I briefly considered going in for a haircut. Then I remembered what it looks like.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

That was empty when I went past it yesterday and I briefly considered going in for a haircut. Then I remembered what it looks like.

There were 3 people sitting in the waiting area, and maybe 2 inside when I passed.

I'm also always suspicious of barber shops which suddenly open in premises that size with that amount of money spent on them.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

p***ks sitting in the dugouts at football using a facemask as a chin warmer.

I've no idea why they're even required to wear them at all other than a token 'we need to set an example'. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The number of places creating outside seating/waiting areas that block more than half the pavement. Prime example being the new hipster p***k barbers on Byres Road with their stupid roped off section.

Theres a pub in Dundee that had the pavement out front fixed up and around their front door by the council who, for reasons unknown, left the about 8ftx8ftout the front undone. When queried, the council said "you own that, you sort it". 

Then the shitehousing began. The pub threw everyone out the back (garages were using it to park cars) and caused all manner of traffic/parking issues and then took up about 90% of the pavement out front with tables and chairs. Council turned up "you can't do that, it's a public footpath".. "I think you'll find, as per our conversation in March, we own it. We can do what we want." 

Think the council are coming to do their pavement in a month or so. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

You've described Edinburgh during the Festival there. Pavements blocked by queues for shows, arseholes with flyers, Italian language students etc. At the top of Chambers Street they even put up an awning for queues into a venue and I don't ever recall seeing a council permission notice on display for it. 

Fortunately Covid has f*cked the Festival this year. GIRU them all.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You've described Edinburgh during the Festival there. Pavements blocked by queues for shows, arseholes with flyers, Italian language students etc. At the top of Chambers Street they even put up an awning for queues into a venue and I don't ever recall seeing a council permission notice on display for it. 

Copyright Frankie Boyle. 

"During the Edinburgh Festival the city's population swells by almost 200,000 c***s" 

What did the council say when you complained?

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Presumably that there's nothing wrong with Italians, whether they study languages or not.

48 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Presumably that there's nothing wrong with Italians, whether they study languages or not.

Never used to be when they ran all the chippies and ice cream shops. The eateries have gone a bit downhill since their kids went on to better things though. Bit like when the Romans left.

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
17 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I couldn't be arsed as C Venue would just put in a retrospective application which would likely be granted 

I've actually had second thoughts about the awning on the grounds that it would stop the Deliveroo p***k that likes to belt Pell mell along Chambers Street on the pavement with impunity.

Edited by tamthebam

I couldn't be arsed as C Venue would just put in a retrospective application which would likely be granted 
I've actually had second thoughts about the awning on the grounds that it would stop the Deliveroo p***k that likes to belt Pell mell along Chambers Street on the pavement with impunity.
You obviously have serious issues with students, cyclists and the festival, and have given up on influencing the system which begs the question: why don't you either accept it and live a more serene existence or move somewhere else where these issues aren't as prevalent?

Judging by the amount of complaining you do on here* the current state can't be healthy for you.

*I understand that this is the PTTGOYN thread but you raise these topics at every opportunity.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

You obviously have serious issues with students, cyclists and the festival, and have given up on influencing the system which begs the question: why don't you either accept it and live a more serene existence or move somewhere else where these issues aren't as prevalent?

Judging by the amount of complaining you do on here* the current state can't be healthy for you.

*I understand that this is the PTTGOYN thread but you raise these topics at every opportunity.

I'm trying to get a popular movement going: Girners against wanky students delivering pizzas while cycling on the pavement during the Festival.

Who's with me? Up the Revolution!

Here's a petty thing that has slightly got on my nerves:

I had a spare pot of paint that has a white top on it so I thought "white paint? That'll do for the door frame". I opened it and it turns out to be dark blue. I should have looked at the label but who puts a white top on a tin that doesn't contain white paint.

Fortunately the back door needs painting so it will now be dark blue.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm trying to get a popular movement going: Girners against wanky students delivering pizzas while cycling on the pavement during the Festival.

Who's with me? Up the Revolution!

I'd join that movement.

Thank you.