Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I didn’t want it bought to me on a plate though - why would I? Why would anyone? I don’t like too much food on my plate even if that means going back three time’s and I don’t like other foods touching, I don’t want my rice/spring rolls covered in chicken satay sauce. I’m getting so distraught typing this out it was so horrific.

I've been with my wife for 18 long years. One of the main benefits is that she knows what I'm thinking, and eye contact would've been clear the moment the in laws wandered in.
There used to be a young guy who worked at my work who when he went out would order a meal and get foods seperate on different plates. Like steak pie on one, chips on another and peas in a wee bowl. I thought he was the only lunatic who "didn't like his food touching". 
He also took his own bottle of sauce to meals as he didn't trust the restuarants to be using the ones which were supposed to be on the bottle. 
That's definitely too far. Oftw.
I would avoid this in future by not ordering Chinese, without a doubt the worst type of takeaway available in this country. A good Chinese restaurant that's more specific than trying to boil down the cuisine of over a billion people into what Neddy Scots like? Fantastic. The mushy sugary shite you get from a takeaway? no thank you
Harsh.

You're absolutely right about authenticity, of course, but f**k me that msg stuff is just so fucking good.

Unless it's a shite Chinese, of which there are far too many.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I've been with my wife for 18 long years. One of the main benefits is that she knows what I'm thinking, and eye contact would've been clear the moment the in laws wandered in.

I’m going to say it on Thursday when we’re in the car - don’t think she’ll want to hear it any time  before then but I think she will know i was devastated. I’m still not over it. I can hear them talking about what I would like for dinner tonight as well right now.

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’m going to say it on Thursday when we’re in the car - don’t think she’ll want to hear it any time  before then but I think she will know i was devastated. I’m still not over it. I can hear them talking about what I would like for dinner tonight as well right now.

crying-man.gif.838d109fa948b81365114b455bbb9706.gif

Throbber's dinner tonight. Expecting another meltdown because the bean juice is soggying his dinosaurs.

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg.d8b721269916e00b95b92e6bda664d13.jpeg
I expect that she will be able to make it all ok by re organising it all into the shape of a cock and balls

Throbber's dinner tonight. Expecting another meltdown because the bean juice is soggying his dinosaurs.

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg.d8b721269916e00b95b92e6bda664d13.jpeg
To be fair that plate is bang out of order, everything will just taste like the beans' sauce.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg

Why would anyone want bean juice over their turkey dinosaur? It would just make them soggy.

I confronted my gf there and she told me she doesn’t want to go out with a child anymore and that her mum was just trying to be nice.

16 minutes ago, Empty It said:
19 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

To be fair that plate is bang out of order, everything will just taste like the beans' sauce.

Good! The beans are the only thing on the plate with any flavour or nutritional value.

53 minutes ago, throbber said:

T Bone Crash Flips Car GIF | Gfycat

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

To be honest, if it's a single-dish takeaway then I see no issue with a host plating it up.  That said, if it's a multi-dish takeaway then they should be left in  their containers and people can help themselves.  

23 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Mrs Throbber will probably put a bib on him then change his nappy afterwards. Fucking bairn.Bv9_MErIYAAcyUS.jpeg

Throbber, bottom left.

mccain-emojis-brazil-809.jpg

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I order from 108 Chinese which has been the only good one I have had from the area. Used to order from Hung Fung on ferry road which was the best one I’ve had in Edinburgh.

You are clearly correct here, a big mix of all dishes and sides on one plate is a disgrace.

I’ve yet to find an acceptable Chinese in Edinburgh, and have all but given up looking tbh.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You are clearly correct here, a big mix of all dishes and sides on one plate is a disgrace.

I’ve yet to find an acceptable Chinese in Edinburgh, and have all but given up looking tbh.

It’s the assumption that I would want it done like that that annoyed me so much, particularly as the mother in law often mentions my fussy eating habits.

Hung Fung on ferry road is the best Chinese I have had in Edinburgh you should try it.