Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Don't have kids if they're too much for you ffs.

TBF, I think a lot of folk don't realise until they've already got them, and it's a bit late at that point.

I'd consider very late term abortions in some cases, however.

Pretty much any woman who is considering having her tubes tied has been asked the question "But what if you change your mind?" If they're young, they often have a hard time getting a doctor to sign off on it. Curiously, nobody ever asks the same question of women who say they're planning to have children.

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, HooseLee said:
Nothing but respect for people looking after kids during lockdown.   Hard enough as it is  

Don't have kids if they're too much for you ffs.

It's not quite as simple as that though, is it?

Our two oldest daughters are disabled and in our various social groups we know several families who (despite obviously loving their kids) were, shall we say, heavily-pressured into having their kids by families along with promises of helping with childcare, financial assistance and respite. Lockdown has put the kaibosh on that. I can easily see some parents thinking "this isn't what I signed up for".

Of course it's not as bloody simple as that, i wasn't being completely serious. I have a lot of sympathy for people who have a lot to handle like yourself, and a LOT of respect for being mentally strong. I'd be a fucking ruin I think.

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Humans are far more important and useful than dogs.

i mean, the dog that went into space a few years back even had to get a human to build a rocket for it the useless c**t.

And it couldn’t even steer it back to earth properly. 

The fact that it was dead wasn't a massive help. 

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Asking for the bill and they come over place it down and walk away.

Bring the fucking card reader at the same time I'm wanting to leave.

Also having to wait 45 minutes into my 2 hour pub slot to be served my first pint.

Was out at a place called Drovers or The Drovers in or something like that (near Forfar). Nice place but i think we’d had four rounds of soft drinks before getting any food. Had I been boozing that would have suited me fine.