Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

People who think they've uncovered some kind of serious fraud when they learn that film-making involves a certain level of pretend. I was talking to a guy in a fly-fishing shop yesterday and made some comment about "A River Runs Through It." In a voice dripping with contempt, he told me that Brad Pitt wasn't really doing those artistic casts. No, he got a local to do it. It was all fake." 

See also: People who get upset when actors are cast to play characters of a different nationality. "Bridget Jones is supposed to be English."

Wait till he finds out that Daniel Radcliffe can't actually cast magic spells.

12 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Non americans saying "oo" for "u", e,g, noos for news, noomerous for numerous etc. It must take a deliberate thought process to say it, it's surely easier to say the correct pronunciation.

John Hartson is guilty of this. eg He says “foootcha” instead of pronouncing “future” properly

People who believe in magic.

E.g. at the moment a video doing the rounds of a guy pouring a glass of water but then sticks a knife through it (turns out to be a cake)

Cue, loads of “wow”, “have you seen this” quotes. then are shocked when someone tells them where the video is edited.

My Dad actually thought Dynamo walked on water a few years back...

E.g. at the moment a video doing the rounds of a guy pouring a glass of water but then sticks a knife through it (turns out to be a cake)

Cue, loads of “wow”, “have you seen this” quotes. then are shocked when someone tells them where the video is edited.

On a similar note, people who believe in hypnotism. There's no fucking way you can make someone "sleep" before being able to make them do what you want, or you'd have c***s shagging like mad way above their station all over the place.

5 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Piss off.......

55 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

On a similar note, people who believe in hypnotism. There's no fucking way you can make someone "sleep" before being able to make them do what you want, or you'd have c***s shagging like mad way above their station all over the place.

Hi horse face x You are feeling very sleepy.

DD3FCC09-13E8-44D1-8631-1CC5C6544D7F.gif

14 hours ago, Shotgun said:

People who think they've uncovered some kind of serious fraud when they learn that film-making involves a certain level of pretend. I was talking to a guy in a fly-fishing shop yesterday and made some comment about "A River Runs Through It." In a voice dripping with contempt, he told me that Brad Pitt wasn't really doing those artistic casts. No, he got a local to do it. It was all fake." 

See also: People who get upset when actors are cast to play characters of a different nationality. "Bridget Jones is supposed to be English."

Not nationality, but they might have a point with the casting of Red in Shawshank Redemption, or Lincoln Rhyme in the Bone Collector...

On 14/07/2020 at 10:13, Dee Man said:

Conversely, on food products where it says something like CONTAINS NO *WHATEVER*, and it's something you've never heard of before. Why should I be happy it doesn't contain this, does it usually contain it, what other food stuff is it in and what has it been doing to me all this time? 

I can't think of even one example but the last place I saw it on was milk. 

I once picked up what I thought was a chicken and mayo sandwich in a rush one morning only to find that it was actually labelled as a mayo FREE dressing. I was incandescent with rage. Why would you label it as being a mayo free dressing? There are literally thousands of ingredients you haven't used, why is it only pertinent to inform me of the mayo's exclusion? Never been back to M&S for a sandwich.

14 hours ago, Shotgun said:

In Rocky they make chasing chickens look difficult. I had to catch one yesterday for a lady and it was a piece of piss. My arms are pretty much simian though so maybe it was easier for me than for Stallone.

Edited by Shandon Par

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Or that John Wayne didn't win the war in the Pacific single-handedly.

Well he would have been too old to serve, having won the west single-handedly.

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In Rocky they make chasing chickens look difficult. I had to catch one yesterday for a lady and it was a piece of piss. My arms are pretty much simian though so maybe it was easier for me than for Stallone.

Why do you talk about these things like it's a perfectly normal thing to do?