Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Slits (good), Crass (shite) and The Ruts (brilliant) on the Music forum are being mentioned. Am I revisiting my youth, does this mean I'm about to die...

if you do feel a bit "death's door'ish" make sure that you put together a playlist for your funeral which has to be adhered to...

14 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've just heard an orchestral version of Heard It Through The Grapevine, the classic Marvin Gaye song. What's with this trend of big orchestras covering classics? I get singers doing their versions of songs (Michael Mcdonald does a great Heard It version) but orchestras? There's even orchestral Oasis. James Last style pish for today, I'd say.

Scorpions' Moment of Glory album, which is basically just them doing a greatest hits album, but with the Berlin Philharmonic backing them, is absolutely sensational.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Slits (good), Crass (shite) and The Ruts (brilliant) on the Music forum are being mentioned. Am I revisiting my youth, does this mean I'm about to die, that would get on my nerves, but probably very few others.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Scorpions' Moment of Glory album, which is basically just them doing a greatest hits album, but with the Berlin Philharmonic backing them, is absolutely sensational.

Yep, good stuff. I don't mind it when the band are there, it's when it turns out really bland like the Grapevine I heard that annoys me. From days long, long ago Procul Harum and Caravan have good albums with orchestra, Metallica with orchestra is really good and Kiss with an orchestra is great, if only to see the orchestra in Kiss makeup. 

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The Slits (good), Crass (shite) and The Ruts (brilliant) on the Music forum are being mentioned. Am I revisiting my youth, does this mean I'm about to die, that would get on my nerves, but probably very few others.

frazer.jpg.96a1ba0ef2c3108216f5e174f5c13fbe.jpg

you're doomed...doomed... 

23 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

it's not good, but it's considerably less irritating than the fancy for covering songs using a quavering, child-like sotto voce version of the vocals and with the music pared right back to the bare minimum required to just about hint at a tune; these are always described by fuckwitted DJ's as 'haunting' versions of the original and tend to be used on adverts for something which is supposed to tug at your heart strings; absolute shite

might be interesting if it was done the other way round, mind - I think Crass could've worked wonders with Unchained Melody, and Wattie Buchan would only have improved Wonderful World  (cf  Sid & My Way...)

Land Down Under ..... acoustic, as you describe, version used as the sound track to the Wolf Creek series. 
although I quite liked it tbf. 

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, georox said:
Listening to people chewing.

Nah, what is worse is the breathing noise when opening their mouth to eat, or in the middle of eating.... That "tup tup" noise. I've nearly murdered my missus for that.

^^^^Johnny Depp found

Why do some patio/front doors in houses still need a key to unlock from the inside? With all the fire risk precautions we take nowadays surely you should always be able to exit your house without needing a key in the case of emergency. 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Why do some patio/front doors in houses still need a key to unlock from the inside? With all the fire risk precautions we take nowadays surely you should always be able to exit your house without needing a key in the case of emergency. 

Agreed. We used to have a car where even if the doors were locked, you could still open them from the inside just by pulling the handle as normal. The cars we have now are set up so you have to unlock the door first, then pull on the handle. Seems to me that if you've just been in a crash and need to get out fast, that would be an unnecessary and potentially difficult extra step. Particularly if you're disoriented, upside down, under water or whatever. The technology has obviously been around for years, so why not use it as standard?

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We have patio doors out the back and the key just stays in the lock all the time. Can't say I've ever really thought about it.

I store mine on a wee nail behind the curtain at the door, the Mrs doesn’t like leaving key in door all time. Not really the point though as there’s a chance the key could not be there for any reason and you’d be fucked in the case of fire. It should just be standard that you don’t require a key to get out for that very reason. 

I store mine on a wee nail behind the curtain at the door, the Mrs doesn’t like leaving key in door all time. Not really the point though as there’s a chance the key could not be there for any reason and you’d be fucked in the case of fire. It should just be standard that you don’t require a key to get out for that very reason. 
The doors are in the dining room. Safe to say a chair would be flung through it in case of fire.