Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

40 minutes ago, throbber said:

Pronunciation is one thing but deliberately ignoring the “h” in herb is just total stupidity. Never understood it. 

It's worse than that.

They actually pronounce Herb properly when they use it as a name, as in Herb Alpert or Homer Simpson's brother, Herb Powell.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's worse than that.

They actually pronounce Herb properly when they use it as a name, as in Herb Alpert or Homer Simpson's brother, Herb Powell.

Oh yeah, fine observation there.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Hunday for Hyundai is probably a bit closer to the Korean than High Yoon Day that is how most folk say it here tbh.

I pronounce it High-yoon-die.  

And Honda should rhyme with Fonda (as in Jane Fonda)

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The worst may be their attempts to pronounce 'Craig' and 'herbs'.

I see your "Craig" and "herbs" and raise you "mirror".

As noted by Stellaboz

Edited by Jacksgranda

1 hour ago, Spring Onion said:

I will see your mirror

And raise you,  vehicle and semi

They think the guy who lived in Sherwood Forest is RAHbinhood. And the dog with the brandy barrel is a SAINTberNARD.

This might come across as insensitive at best but that Celtic boy that wrote "I have had enough, goodbye" on Twitter last night. I'm really glad he hasn't committed suicide and I'm happy he is getting help if he needs it but I'm not sure he was ever destined to do anything. He's basically documented his whole night. On Twitter. 

Maybe it's just never crossed my mind that way. Maybe I'm just a cynical goat. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

People who cancel last minute. Hosting a BBQ this afternoon and one person says she has heat stroke despite it being the coolest day for two weeks, another asked for it to be today but now is too busy with holiday packing. Fucking do it yesterday then.

This is why I hate hosting shit like this, you spend a fair bit of time making sure it's nice for people to come over and a fair bit of cash on booze and other stuff to eat.

I'm thinking of canceling the whole thing, sending the missus away and spend the rest of the day drinking all the beer I bought myself, ordering a huge takeaway, masterbating and playing the PS4.

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm thinking of canceling the whole thing, sending the missus away and spend the rest of the day drinking all the beer I bought myself, ordering a huge takeaway, masterbating and playing the PS4.

What part don’t you want your wife to see or participate in ?