Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

We were decorating a few weeks back and had the radio on various stations. Every one of them did the same kind of advertisement: "the best music blah blah etc, This Is *insert station name here*". What is the purpose of this? We're aware of the station we are listening to, why the hell do they need to keep telling you?

Yeah, it's so that channel hoppers will hopefully hear which station they've briefly settled on. Never mind that it annoys the piss out of regular listeners.

I don't know about you, but when I hear a song on the radio that I like, I never wonder who the band are, or what the song title is, but instead think, "OMG WHICH RADIO STATION BROUGHT ME THIS AUDIO TREAT".

Edit: incidentally, I somehow just managed to punch myself on the fucking nose. That image is today's gift for anyone I manage to annoy. You're welcub.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

35 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yeah, it's so that channel hoppers will hopefully hear which station they've briefly settled on. Never mind that it annoys the piss out of regular listeners.

I don't know about you, but when I hear a song on the radio that I like, I never wonder who the band are, or what the song title is, but instead think, "OMG WHICH RADIO STATION BROUGHT ME THIS AUDIO TREAT".

Edit: incidentally, I somehow just managed to punch myself on the fucking nose. That image is today's gift for anyone I manage to annoy. You're welcub.

Rewilding thread for that sort of chat...

43 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

^^^^ Bouncer working from home.

UEFA confirming the dates for Euro 2021, meaning that:
1. My tickets for one of the games I was going to I can no longer use.
2. If Scotland do make it, our game against England will be on my fucking wedding day. Nightmare.
Ffs get your priorities straight?

All the delivery places have went contact less. They started off by taking photos of whoever took in the parcel as proof then obviously time dictates that wasn't worthwhile so usually the folk dropping off at mine just pick it back up and bugger off if I don't answer within about 30 seconds. 

I've never had one parcel just left there. (I do stipulate that my neighbours are manky b*****ds and are not to get handed it under any circumstance though). 

Edit : my phone keeps correcting within to withing and its daein ma tits in. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

All the delivery places have went contact less. They started off by taking photos of whoever took in the parcel as proof then obviously time dictates that wasn't worthwhile so usually the folk dropping off at mine just pick it back up and bugger off if I don't answer within about 30 seconds. 
I've never had one parcel just left there. (I do stipulate that my neighbours are manky b*****ds and are not to get handed it under any circumstance though). 
Theres absolutely no way that this pish stands up to distance selling laws. Pretty sure the contract is between you and the seller, not the deliverer. If you dont get your goods, they owe you new goods, or money back.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Theres absolutely no way that this pish stands up to distance selling laws. Pretty sure the contract is between you and the seller, not the deliverer. If you dont get your goods, they owe you new goods, or money back.

IIRC, once the parcel has been handed off to someone else (neighbour, etc), the courier and seller's jobs are considered complete and if the signee decides to keep it, it's up to you to sue them. Amazing stuff.

Related question, but why are people still using Royal Mail Signed For? They aren't taking signatures, and the tracking is completely unreliable now (and was always useless anyway - amounts to, "aye, we've delivered it"). Pretty shameful that they're still taking the extra money for it when they know they can't provide the service.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

My inability to sleep past my normal time on weekends.

I would probably manage it easily if i) switched my fucking alarm off on a Friday or ii) changed the setting in the alarm to Monday - Friday and not just every day.

i have no-one to blame but myself.