Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just been catching up from the first episode. Wish the BBC rules hadn't firmed up so they couldn't pretend the owl had been rehabilitated and released, instead of arriving at Central Station on the front of the train with every bone in its body broken and organs turned into soup. 

Edited by welshbairn

Just been catching up from the first episode. Wish the BBC rules hadn't firmed up so they couldn't pretend the owl had been rehabilitated and released, instead of arriving at Central Station on the front of the train with every bone in its body broken and organs turned into soup. 
Those and pigeons make a hell of a noise when you smack them at >75mph

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Watched a wee bit of Inside Central Station there.

The day of the Scotland Russia game at Hampden last year saw a delay for fans getting to Hampden because some idiot pulled the emergency brake on one of the trains going to Mount Florida, causing a blockage and holding everything up.

Understandably some folk were annoyed because they were going to miss kickoff, but one guy was absolutely seething and said "Only in Scotland can this happen!".

Aye mate, train delays only happen in Scotland and nowhere else.

Why do folk say such pish?

Not directly related to this but related to folk spouting nonsense. 

Just read a guy on a FB page say that it's ridiculous he was fined for only going 6km/h over the 60km/h speed limit and that police should be concentrating on robberies. 

Where do you even start with tubes like that? 

Just read a guy on a FB page say that it's ridiculous he was fined for only going 6km/h over the 60km/h speed limit and that police should be concentrating on robberies. 

Simple response, there’s more than one police officer.

I'd say a reply along the lines of:
Police are there to uphold the law and catch lawbreakers, going over the limit is against the law...
The speeding is taking police away from catching robbers, people like you are the problem not the police

And wait to be unfriended / blocked

I turned 50 last year and ever since then I’ve started doing this weird thing of giving a thumbs up to people when I’ve finished talking to them. I know I must look like a complete simpleton, but I just can’t seem to help it. After 9 out of 10 social interactions I now have I end up hating myself.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Cleaners, wherefore art thou cleaners.

They're cleaners because they enjoy it, I presume.

Or did you think 'wherefore' means 'where' and not 'why'?

13 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

Watch this each week to see if I can catch a fleeting glimpse of myself sitting near the Cashline machine with a notice saying HUNGRY AND HOMELESS.

FTFY

54 minutes ago, GordonD said:

They're cleaners because they enjoy it, I presume.

Or did you think 'wherefore' means 'where' and not 'why'?

Paid attention at English classes.

Ended up writing for AWOL when pished... :lol:

4 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

I turned 50 last year and ever since then I’ve started doing this weird thing of giving a thumbs up to people when I’ve finished talking to them. I know I must look like a complete simpleton, but I just can’t seem to help it. After 9 out of 10 social interactions I now have I end up hating myself.

1494240681-inbetweeners-friends.jpg

Just seen someone on Linkedin put up a post with a certificate they got for attending a 3 day course. No exam, just turning up for a few hours each day for a course. 

What's the fucking point in this shit? That's not an achievement, that's just attending. Doesn't mean you learned anything or grew in any way. 

What's worse are the people who reply with the birthday caird pish "congratulations". FOR WHAT? TURNING UP? 

I mind when I was younger I played bowls and everyone got a medal for playing in the youth league each season. Never kept those- what's the fucking point? 

Just seen someone on Linkedin put up a post with a certificate they got for attending a 3 day course. No exam, just turning up for a few hours each day for a course. 
What's the fucking point in this shit? That's not an achievement, that's just attending. Doesn't mean you learned anything or grew in any way. 
What's worse are the people who reply with the birthday caird pish "congratulations". FOR WHAT? TURNING UP? 
I mind when I was younger I played bowls and everyone got a medal for playing in the youth league each season. Never kept those- what's the fucking point? 
Congratulations

51 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

The sfa courses for level 1 and 2 all you needed to do was turn up and take part.  You automatically passed.

Level 3 you ran your own session after going for so many days and if you sounded like you knew what you were on about you passed.

Meh