Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 20/05/2020 at 11:09, Stellaboz said:

Only an utter lunatic would speak to magpies ffs. 

However, only a lunatic would treat them with anything other than wariness. They're hard, hard b*****ds. 

Lives in Australia as a boy, the magpies were mental! Had to wear bike helmets or ice cream tubs with eyes drawn on the back of them to walk to school.  During nesting season the fuckers would bomb you and claw and peck your head.

Total Tippi Hedron type shit like.

On 20/05/2020 at 12:39, Dee Man said:

Magpies are vicious little b*****ds during nesting season over here. It's referred to as swooping season as they attack anyone walking in the vicinity of their nests. Kids run out of schools with their bags over their heads and cyclists go about with cable ties sticking from the top of their helmets to scare them off. I was unaware of this and went cycling last year only to hear the swoosh of a magpie and either it's claws or beak on my helmet ( @Jacksgranda there's a tap-in). Could've been a lot worse though, I could have been blinded by one like this little guy last year:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/swooping-magpie-blinds-little-boy-family-pleads-for-awareness-c-436878

Guy in my work used to complain about gulls divebombing him in nesting season when he was out for a run at lunchtime. We took it with a pinch of salt, but one time we watched out for him and saw him running down one of the streets leading down to the river with a lesser black backed gull attached to his shoulder like something out of a Hitchcock film.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Lives in Australia as a boy, the magpies were mental! Had to wear bike helmets or ice cream tubs with eyes drawn on the back of them to walk to school.  During nesting season the fuckers would bomb you and claw and peck your head.

Total Tippi Hedron type shit like.

This is why the Germans invented the spiked helmet. It kept them safe from magpies and seagulls. 

I saw Hedron's namesake, failed Scottish pop star Tippi support the Proclaimers years ago. Wid.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

This is why the Germans invented the spiked helmet. It kept them safe from magpies and seagulls. 

I saw Hedron's namesake, failed Scottish pop star Tippi support the Proclaimers years ago. Wid.

Tippi Hedron was a total wid. I'd like a peck at her Bodega Bay.

The gulls have a hood in Dundee city centre.

From Castle Street down to Union Street (going in a direction that takes you past Caird Hall and the Overgate) gulls will steal any food you have in the open, and will probably mug you too. I've seen it many times (the food stealing).

Fuckers know their territory.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The gulls have a hood in Dundee city centre.

From Castle Street down to Union Street (going in a direction that takes you past Caird Hall and the Overgate) gulls will steal any food you have in the open, and will probably mug you too. I've seen it many times (the food stealing).

Fuckers know their territory.

Yup. Took a steak bake from me going out the over gate:-(

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

This is why the Germans invented the spiked helmet.

Known as the pickelhaube. Mr. Bismarck had an electric one, if a short-lived (one-issue) Meadowbank Thistle fanzine is to be believed.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Really? I only ever saw the one. Mind you, I only went to about half a dozen games in the final season.

MBEP was just about pre-Blobby. It may just have overlapped his takeover but it was before he started all his nonsense 

You didn't miss much really. It wasn't quite AWOL although I believe copies are changing hands on E-bay for staggering sums. Like a quid!

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

MBEP was just about pre-Blobby. It may just have overlapped his takeover but it was before he started all his nonsense 

You didn't miss much really. It wasn't quite AWOL although I believe copies are changing hands on E-bay for staggering sums. Like a quid!

Nothing was quite AWOL, and I'd have said that even if I wasn't one of the editors.

On 22/05/2020 at 06:35, DA Baracus said:

Rookie mistake!

They genuinely have a specific area they prey upon.

Aren't those crows?

Lol

The food bin has been blown out of the front garden by the wind. This is the second food bin to go missing . I never found the last one despite it having our house number on it, probably because our lazy b*****d neighbours wouldn't be arsed to return it and I've had a look around for this one and couldn't see it.

Where the f**k do they end up?!

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The food bin has been blown out of the front garden by the wind. This is the second food bin to go missing . I never found the last one despite it having our house number on it, probably because our lazy b*****d neighbours wouldn't be arsed to return it 

Why would you leave your food bin out in these conditions and why should your neighbours be returning it? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would you leave your food bin out in these conditions and why should your neighbours be returning it? 

I didn't know it was going to be so windy. And  if I found a stray bin with a house number on it I'd return it to that house because I'm not a cnut 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The food bin has been blown out of the front garden by the wind. This is the second food bin to go missing . I never found the last one despite it having our house number on it, probably because our lazy b*****d neighbours wouldn't be arsed to return it and I've had a look around for this one and couldn't see it.

The Peoples' Republic Of Leith, stolen, lost or discarded things, they always end up there.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

With those winds yesterday, probably Denmark.