Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I hope you enjoy it and the coming season will be your last chance to do so for a very long time. Most likely we’ll enjoy the seaside novelty and stay for a few seasons.

Are you expecting Dunfermline to get promoted or relegated?

Are you expecting Dunfermline to get promoted or relegated?

I’m hoping we get promoted after one season in the fun house league. I’d be happy enough if Dunfermline followed us up though. Premiership bridies? Aye!

6 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I’m hoping we get promoted after one season in the fun house league. I’d be happy enough if Dunfermline followed us up though. Premiership bridies? Aye!

Either/both sides finishing the season without going tits up would be an achievement. 

Magpies are vicious little b*****ds during nesting season over here. It's referred to as swooping season as they attack anyone walking in the vicinity of their nests. Kids run out of schools with their bags over their heads and cyclists go about with cable ties sticking from the top of their helmets to scare them off. I was unaware of this and went cycling last year only to hear the swoosh of a magpie and either it's claws or beak on my helmet ( @Jacksgranda there's a tap-in). Could've been a lot worse though, I could have been blinded by one like this little guy last year:

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/swooping-magpie-blinds-little-boy-family-pleads-for-awareness-c-436878

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Squirrel update.

There's now three of the c***s. A family.

Arseholes!

My mate told me today that he'd heard from a pest controller that the wee buggers hate mothballs as they can't get the smell of the mothballs off their fur. So all you need is a catapult and a careful aim... 

Spoiler

I always wonder how moths fly with balls that big...

obamacare.thumb.jpg.b921838d182ed8e0bf47271d8184577a.jpg

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

My mate told me today that he'd heard from a pest controller that the wee buggers hate mothballs as they can't get the smell of the mothballs off their fur. So all you need is a catapult and a careful aim... 

Might be onto something.  I could possibly drill a hole through the bedroom wall into the fireplace and fire in a few bags of stinky balls (woof woof). 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Magpies are vicious little b*****ds during nesting season over here. It's referred to as swooping season as they attack anyone walking in the vicinity of their nests. Kids run out of schools with their bags over their heads and cyclists go about with cable ties sticking from the top of their helmets to scare them off. I was unaware of this and went cycling last year only to hear the swoosh of a magpie and either it's claws or beak on my helmet ( @Jacksgranda there's a tap-in).

b8e0d34466b081c91dcca8f28ee29afe.jpg

Edited by Jacksgranda

41 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Squirrels and magpies are surprisingly evenly matched. I used to watch them fight each other regularly and it would go on for ages. 

I’ve plenty magpies knocking about. Let’s hope there’s a scrap or two.

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Same round our way. If you wre allowed to shoot the piebald twats, I'd struggle to afford the ammo.

When I lived in Glasgow and worked nightshift the little c***s kept waking me up all day, and from the limited research I did at the time I'm sure it is legal to kill the fuckers in Scotland.

There's something called a Larsen trap which is a bit like a lobster pot where a decoy bird is put in a cage and magpies are attracted and get trapped.

You can use the same thing for those pesky Celtic fans- put a Swedish striker in a cage and trap them. That is a Henrik Larsen trap. 

Badumm, tish.  

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There's something called a Larsen trap which is a bit like a lobster pot where a decoy bird is put in a cage and magpies are attracted and get trapped.

You can use the same thing for those pesky Celtic fans- put a Swedish striker in a cage and trap them. That is a Henrik Larsen trap. 

Badumm, tish.  

Claptrap.