Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

49 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does she say, "Hello Mr Magpie" or something like that when she's doing it?

It’s good morning Mr Magpie. Or whatever time of day it is. A lunatic mother of an ex of mine used to do it all the time. Once she did it when the postman was walking up her drive and he saluted her back thinking she was doing it to him. Mentalists. 

36 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It’s good morning Mr Magpie. Or whatever time of day it is. A lunatic mother of an ex of mine used to do it all the time. Once she did it when the postman was walking up her drive and he saluted her back thinking she was doing it to him. Mentalists. 

Mrs Mathematics does it too.

3DD21B8F-1B7D-4054-B33A-AFDFBE240EE1.png

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Feel sorry for the Gulls. They're finally needing to get off their fat, lazy arses and find their own food with lockdown in place rather than bullying us humans and mugging our steak bakes.

I say I feel sorry for Gulls, get it fucking up them. One shat right in my pie just as I had it raised to my mouth whilst I was at school back in the day. My mates then turned the story into me eating a shitey pie. b*****ds.

^^^ Ate a shitey pie, imho

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My girlfriend salutes magpies if she sees them. Always annoyed me that, and for that fact, magpies can f**k off.

One of my step daughters does this. Also my wife, on occasion.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

"Good morning, Mr Magpie. How's the wife and family?"

4 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Or hang them from the branch of a tree.

You've given me an idea- hanging bags of dug eggs at the right height might stop twats cycling on the pavement 

On 18/05/2020 at 16:27, Dee Man said:

Mrs A96 always says “Hello Mr Magpie , where’s your wife ?”

Edited by A96

9 hours ago, A96 said:

Mrs A96 always says “Hello Mr Magpie , where’s your wife ?”

With Mrs SL it's "Good morning Mr Magpie, how's your wife today?". Oh, and always done while waving the bad luck away. Always a 'good morning' whatever the time and don't think her driving and seeing one stops her waving.

9 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

With Mrs SL it's "Good morning Mr Magpie, how's your wife today?". Oh, and always done while waving the bad luck away. Always a 'good morning' whatever the time and don't think her driving and seeing one stops her waving.

It would be hilariously ironic if she waved at the magpie for good luck whilst driving, lost control of the car and ended up a quadriplegic. 

58 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

“Morning Mr Magpie, how are you and how’s the wife?”
Usually just think it though, the arrogant black and white c***s never reply anyway.

Get used to it next season m8y.

Mrs Par always talks to magpies. 

Our old cat brought a magpie in one day. Made a terrible racket. 

Get used to it next season m8y.
Mrs Par always talks to magpies. 
Our old cat brought a magpie in one day. Made a terrible racket. 

Looking forward to the points and bridie’s more than you can imagine!

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Superstitions in general are for absolute mentalists tbh.

Another annoying thing my girlfriend says when I point out how fucking mental it is to be superstitious by saluting magpies - "I'm not superstitious I'm just a littlestitious". 

Why am I still with her.

I'm looking forward to walking to a game not been thrown out of  to Tynecastle for ages. 

I hope you enjoy it and the coming season will be your last chance to do so for a very long time. Most likely we’ll enjoy the seaside novelty and stay for a few seasons.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

I assume all of these magpie mentalists live in Scotland where they are relatively rare? You'd never get anything done in these parts if you had to acknowledge the belligerent wee b*****ds. 

Same round our way. If you wre allowed to shoot the piebald twats, I'd struggle to afford the ammo.