Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

Petty thing that gets on my nerves today 2:

Mrs Mathematics salutes each magpie she sees. 

if you’re interested, here she is saluting a magpie in the garden:

276681AB-A8DB-4EAC-B225-0F1DF3F4C01E.png

It's meant to bring good luck.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Why are magpies considered bad luck? I quite like them.

They didn't mourn the death of jesus and were considered to be in cahoots with the devil.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, away to head up, just getting the dog sorted out.

Not sure they’ll be too impressed if you take the dog!

I had to go to out hours couple weeks ago with inner ear infection and it was being run really well. A&Es are really quiet and the Covid patients are taken elsewhere.

Just now, RH33 said:

Not sure they’ll be too impressed if you take the dog!

I had to go to out hours couple weeks ago with inner ear infection and it was being run really well. A&Es are really quiet and the Covid patients are taken elsewhere.

Turned out I didnt go, wife phoned her dad about it while I was out the room. 

He reckons if I stick swabs over the cuts, tape it up and then see how it is in the morning I'll probably find its stopped bleeding, so that's what's happened. 

See how it goes, if I dont make it to the morning, or end up losing fingers, at least I've someone to blame 😂 nowhere near bad enough for either of those outcomes though.

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Superglue in it too.

I didnt do this, but I'm at work tomorrow so I'll stick some gorilla glue in them 😂

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel like a fanny needing to go, especially in the current climate, because I've cut a couple of fingers.

Blood still coming once I take the pressure off, and it must be about 5 hours now. I see something white through the cut too before the bleeding comes again, which is probably the sign I'll need stitches.

I sliced my finger peeling spuds for the dinner - must be about 18 months ago -  and eventually had to go to A&E, waited the guts of 12 hours before I got seen too.

On the bright side there wasn't a global pandemic on on that occasion, so you should be in and out fairly sharpish.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He reckons if I stick swabs over the cuts, tape it up and then see how it is in the morning I'll probably find its stopped bleeding, so that's what's happened. 

See how it goes, if I dont make it to the morning, or end up losing fingers, at least I've someone to blame 😂 nowhere near bad enough for either of those outcomes though.

If it hasn't stopped bleeding you'll probably be dead.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

I sliced my finger peeling spuds for the dinner - must be about 18 months ago -  and eventually had to go to A&E, waited the guts of 12 hours before I got seen too.

On the bright side there wasn't a global pandemic on on that occasion, so you should be in and out fairly sharpish.

Ah, life before the pandemic.  It was a glorious time to be sure.

See how it goes, if I dont make it to the morning, or end up losing fingers, at least I've someone to blame [emoji23] nowhere near bad enough for either of those outcomes though.
Asda do some quality plasters with something in them that helps clean the wound and helps it close up, that's what I used when I sliced through to the fat when I was cutting a baguette.