Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Shandon Par said:

There's a Rab glove lying around the street near my office. I could post it to you if you'd like? There's a photo of it somewhere on the COVID thread. 

Is it a right or left hand?

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Left hand. Still there. Walked past it earlier.

It was the right hand one I lost.

As an aside, I think this thread is very important at this time.  Being able to moan about inconsequential things whilst this crisis is ongoing helps retain a level of normality.

people who use the hoover, but then leave the 'accessories' stuck in the end of the stick/hose bit rather than putting them back in the little purpose made holdy-clip things on the body of the machine - it ruins the aesthetic lines of the thing as it is standing unused

c***s of the highest order...

9 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

people who use the hoover, but then leave the 'accessories' stuck in the end of the stick/hose bit rather than putting them back in the little purpose made holdy-clip things on the body of the machine - it ruins the aesthetic lines of the thing as it is standing unused

c***s of the highest order...

Has met with an accident while "vacuuming in the scud" and is now wasting NHS resources in A&E type post

3 hours ago, ThomCat said:

The ice cream van cutting about Alloa playing playing the Benny Hill theme nonstop since lockdown. 🙉

I've got an image of the van going at double speed and being chased by scantily clad wummin.

It's the Popeye theme here in sunny Forfar. Think I'd rather have the Benny Hill tune.

Better weather means Mrs GTSO wants to spend a bit of time in the back garden.

That means she’s moved the bins from their usual position close to the back door (and easy for me to use as I fill them and move them out to be collected) into a less obtrusive position around the other side of the house which means further for me to carry the rubbish and having to move them all about each time I need to take them out for the roadside collection.

6 minutes ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Better weather means Mrs GTSO wants to spend a bit of time in the back garden.

That means she’s moved the bins from their usual position close to the back door (and easy for me to use as I fill them and move them out to be collected) into a less obtrusive position around the other side of the house which means further for me to carry the rubbish and having to move them all about each time I need to take them out for the roadside collection.

That’s some sacrifice.  I’ll go out at 8.00 p.m. on Thursday and clap for you.  Mind you if it gets really cold between now and then I’ll be keeping one of my hands in my pocket.

20 hours ago, Raidernation said:

People that assume you’re watching/have watched the latest TV show “du jour”

I have never watched The Office, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones etc. etc.
So don’t assume you can talk to me about it then act astonished when I tell you I haven’t seen it at all.

You should watch the first two, the rest are shite.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Has met with an accident while "vacuuming in the scud" and is now wasting NHS resources in A&E type post

I nearly choked to death once unblocking the hose on the hoover. They are an accident waiting to happen.

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've got an image of the van going at double speed and being chased by scantily clad wummin.

It's the Popeye theme here in sunny Forfar. Think I'd rather have the Benny Hill tune.

Ours plays the simpsons.