Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Had a complaint made against me at work because i asked a guy to get back into his flat so i could put a 30kg parcel on his door step.
See this depends entirely on how you asked.

If you were a dick about it then fair enough. If it was done in a reasonable chipper manner then it's ridiculously harsh and best to ignore completely.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you were a dick about it then fair enough. If it was done in a reasonable chipper manner then it's ridiculously harsh and best to ignore completely.

My words were mate go back in your door and i will leave it on your door,most folk are brilliant and come down for the parcels.

5 hours ago, keithgy said:

Had a complaint made against me at work because i asked a guy to get back into his flat so i could put a 30kg parcel on his door step.

The next thing to be delivered to his doorstep might be a lit newspaper with a dugshite hidden in it. 

So they may well have been right when they said there was no one in at that address a few weeks ago.
Well looking at the track and trace it went from the UK to Bergamo, then Treviso which will be the nearest distribution centre to me. It hung around Treviso for a week or so when they were failing to deliver it. Then for some reason it went to Bologna then Piacenza.

I've checked and there isn't a street with the same name as mine in Piacenza and the postcodes aren't similar. Now that the parcel is down as delivered (without a signature of course) it's near impossible to do anything about it "during this busy time".

50 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Well looking at the track and trace it went from the UK to Bergamo, then Treviso which will be the nearest distribution centre to me. It hung around Treviso for a week or so when they were failing to deliver it. Then for some reason it went to Bologna then Piacenza.

I've checked and there isn't a street with the same name as mine in Piacenza and the postcodes aren't similar. Now that the parcel is down as delivered (without a signature of course) it's near impossible to do anything about it "during this busy time".

From my experience as a courier for Hermes , I know that occasionally there can be two completely different address labels on a single parcel.  Happened most recently with me a few months ago.  I’d noticed there were two address labels on a parcel , one in my normal route and the other somewhere in England.  As my local customer was in when I took the parcel to her, I pointed out the possible problem and asked her to check the contents. But she actually knew before opening it that the shape and size of the parcel bore no relation to the item she’d ordered. 

I asked her if her if she wanted to refuse to accept the delivery , but she said she’d contact the company that she’d ordered her stuff from herself (maybe Amazon , but I’m not sure) to try to get it all sorted. And she told me a week or so later that it had been sorted out.

Maybe something like that’s happened with your order.  Or maybe there was only one address label on your parcel, but it was the wrong label , showing the address in Piacenza instead of your address. That occasionally happens too.

If your parcel was coming from a company that you’d ordered goods from, then if I was you , I’d be getting on to them as you seem to have proof that the goods weren’t delivered to you.

And, incidentally , the lack of a signature for the delivery maybe isn’t all that important.  Occasionally the sender will specifically instruct that a signature is required , but I’d say that less than 5% of the parcels that I deliver have to be signed for. The vast majority can be left in a “safe place” if there’s no-one available to sign for it.   That’s just Hermes , though. I don’t know what other companies like UPS or DPD require from their couriers.

Edited by A96

11 hours ago, pandarilla said:

If you were a dick about it then fair enough. If it was done in a reasonable chipper manner then it's ridiculously harsh and best to ignore completely.

Correct use of chipper.

My guess is that keithgy’s  a chippy bloke.

Edited by A96

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Great info, thanks for that.

Nae bother , min.

Might also be worth trying to contact whoever it is that lives/works at the address in Piacenza , although maybe  you don’t have enough details for that to be feasible.

And going back to your point about there being no similarity between the two addresses and postcodes , my guess would be that it’s more likely to be some confusion or error with the barcode/number on the address label , rather than the address itself. (eg a single digit in the barcode number might have been incorrectly keyed in somewhere along the line)

Edited by A96

5 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Moomintroll wouldn’t have felt so bad about admitting he was a Tory if he’d read this beforehand!

No-one likes us , we don't care......if you get your fvckin parcel or not

2 hours ago, A96 said:

The vast majority can be left in the recycle bin if there’s no-one available to sign for it.

FTFY. Worked for them too for a bit. Weren't supposed to do it but most places I delivered to it was the only "safe" place available if the neighbours weren't in, and the customers were cool with it. Flats I just used to leave by the front door and hope for the best, no point in trying again the next day as they'll probably be out working again, and you don't get paid for trying to redeliver anyway. That's what annoys me when people complain about delivery drivers pretending to have rung the doorbell and popping the nobody in card through the letterbox, there's zero incentive to do that.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, A96 said:

No-one likes us , we don't care......if you get your fvckin parcel or not

What’s the difference between Hermes and herpes?

Edited by Granny Danger

Depends on the nature of your route. Most properties I deliver to are either rural or in small towns or villages. And most of them have a shed or greenhouse or outbuilding that can be used. And there’s plenty that leave their front or back door unlocked , often with a note on the door advertising that fact.  But , aye , if there’s no other option the wheelie bins’ll do.

And you’re absolutely bang on about there being no incentive to fail to deliver the parcel somehow. To fvck wi’ that, especially if it’s some place in the middle of nowhere at the end of a long , rough-as-fvck farm track

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Depends on the nature of your route. Most properties I deliver to are either rural or in small towns or villages. And most of them have a shed or greenhouse or outbuilding that can be used. And there’s plenty that leave their front or back door unlocked , often with a note on the door advertising that fact.  But , aye , if there’s no other option the wheelie bins’ll do.

And you’re absolutely bang on about there being no incentive to fail to deliver the parcel somehow. To fvck wi’ that, especially if it’s some place in the middle of nowhere at the end of a long , rough-as-fvck farm track

Hope you get a decent rate per parcel, you couldn't be able to deliver that many compared to an urban route. More enjoyable though I'd think.