Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not just saying this..... If Bud was all that was there on a day I intended drinking, I would wait until I could get something else... I have a pathological hatred of it, which is odd because in a past life where I spent a bit of leisure time across the pond, I liked it. 

I feel like that about a lot of beers including Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg and Tennents(!) though but Bellhaven best cans have to be the flattest and most bland cans I have ever drink to the point I can’t understand why anyone would enjoy them. The other options were Stella, Amstel and Heineken and if they’re all that’s there when I do the shop again on Sunday ill probably opt for Heineken. I have a few cans of Kronenburg to do me until Sunday which isn’t ideal either but will have to suffice.

28 minutes ago, Dele said:

I grew up with a guy who was (fairly) normal. Our paths crossed after not seeing him in about 6 years and although he's still a good lad he's absolutely fucked with this head shake twitch thing. He tans about 4 cans of Asda's own brand red bull a day and openly admits has to swallow a load of sleeping pills to bring himself back down at night. 

I asked him about the twitch one day and he said he doesn't even notice he's doing it now. 

(not heart related, but still!) 

Edit : to clarify, I was determined he'd took a bad E or something but he says he's never touched anything like that - and can't smoke weed to bring him down. 

Even if you disregard all the unknown long term effects of tanning these drinks that are packed with E numbers and caffeine, the sugar content alone will almost guarantee type 2 diabetes with that level of consumption. 

Friday afternoon is generally considered, in my experience, as the time when most people schedule as few meetings/tasks as possible to skive (more than usual) off a bit at work.

Four fucking meetings on Teams this afternoon scheduled. Four. f**k's sake.

29 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I think once this is over I'm going to take my tent to east lothian and find a nice pub and enjoy a nice pint of Belhaven Best, now that the chat has put me in the mood for it.

It’s a nice draught which is why I bought it and why I am so disappointed.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

I reckon a lot of kids drinking huge cans of monster energy etc are going to have knackered hearts by the time they're 50.

Admit it, the only reason you posted that was so you could legitimately use the phrase "knackered hearts" when there's no football on.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Friday afternoon is generally considered, in my experience, as the time when most people schedule as few meetings/tasks as possible to skive (more than usual) off a bit at work.

Four fucking meetings on Teams this afternoon scheduled. Four. f**k's sake.

My sulleness and  negativity seem to be having the desired effect and the daily meetings are fewer and shorter than before.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:
Small cans of Birra Moretti are nice. 

What makes them better than the large cans?

I dont think they sell large cans just 330 ml ones or bottles.

21 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:

There are definitely good canned beers available. My research (company bullshit) tells me that canning processes have changed to improve the drinking experience. Small cans are probably a portion size and let you taste the beer at its best rather than sitting in a glass or can for too long (they also allow companies to charge more as well probably).

However, your average Fosters/Carling/Bud drinker will still go for 500ml when they are available.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, stanton said:

The fact that there's no decent cartoons on the TV now , all these modern updated versions are pish 

Although nothing quite as good as Thundercats and Transformers, my boys really enjoy watching Clarence, The Amazing World of Gumball and Teen Titans Go.

I dont think they sell large cans just 330 ml ones or bottles.
Ah, you can get 500ml ones over here. Their range of faux-hipster beers is quite good as well. Also, Castello lager made by the same mob is pretty decent, you find it at the football sometimes.

54 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:

Easier to shoplift. I would think.

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There are definitely good canned beers available. My research (company bullshit) tells me that canning processes have changed to improve the drinking experience. Small cans are probably a portion size and let you taste the beer at its best rather than sitting in a glass or can for too long (they also allow companies to charge more as well probably).

However, your average Fosters/Carling/Bud drinker will still go for 500ml when they are available.

Cans are definitely better than bottles because visible light affects its taste; carbonation for lagers is piss-poor after being stored badly as well.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Cans are definitely better than bottles because visible light affects its taste; carbonation for lagers is piss-poor after being stored badly as well.

Also you don’t have to deal with the hassle of using a bottle opener every time you want a fresh beer and cans are easier to dispose of after as you just need to put them in the recycling bin.