Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This![emoji115]

We had plenty of reserves as well but the guy just removed himself from the what’s app group about half an hour before kick off without saying he couldn’t make it, just a total dick move from a man who clearly has no conscience.

We had plenty of reserves as well but the guy just removed himself from the what’s app group about half an hour before kick off without saying he couldn’t make it, just a total dick move from a man who clearly has no conscience.
In my 9 years of playing fives I've had two people who have pulled out within an hour to go because there mrs was working and the other was just a no show and didnt say f**k all ( he was never invited back ).
For me who arranges fives it can be pretty annoying, however it is what it is

I organised a game and did this - building up a kitty. There's an element of trust needed but it allowed us to buy a couple of new balls, and there was a nice wee starter kitty for one of the nights out.

In my 9 years of playing fives I've had two people who have pulled out within an hour to go because there mrs was working and the other was just a no show and didnt say f**k all ( he was never invited back ).
For me who arranges fives it can be pretty annoying, however it is what it is
Used to run 5's for a few years years ago. Ended up calling it a day because of folk not bothering or cancelling late on. Too often it ended up 5 vs 4 which is utter shite. One guy cancelled while I was en route to the venue.

It was £30 and I would take £3 off everyone. We would sometimes get 6 vs 6 but I would still take £3 as I never charged folk more than that when it was 5 v 4. What used to annoy me was the regular "oh we must have some built up money". Normally by those who would pull out. It was almost as if they forgot we would be financially down when it was 5 vs 4 and the surplus money went to cover that. It was a direct debit as well so there were plenty of times where I was out of pocket. The stress of getting players every Thursday wasn't worth it in the end.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

The worstcunt is the one who texts the groupchat at 5 past kickoff time saying “Sorry lads I fell asleep!” or “Sorry lads I totally forgot!” when everyone’s put their phones away and gone ahead with the 5v4 pish!

You didn’t fall asleep you c**t. You didn’t just forget the game you’ve been playing at 7pm every Thursday for the last 8 years either. You’re just a fat, selfish, lazy, spoilsport c**t.

Then when the names are going in the hat for next weeks game, some c**t is nightshift or working away or something, and previous weeks no-show c**t shamelessly chucks his availability in there. Then every c**t in the groupchat instantly forgives the c**t and welcomes him back in with open fucking arms!

I fucking hate fives. Five-a-side c***s are honestly the worstcunts.

tenor.gif?itemid=10649746

f**k off.

The worstcunt is the one who texts the groupchat at 5 past kickoff time saying “Sorry lads I fell asleep!” or “Sorry lads I totally forgot!” when everyone’s put their phones away and gone ahead with the 5v4 pish!
You didn’t fall asleep you c**t. You didn’t just forget the game you’ve been playing at 7pm every Thursday for the last 8 years either. You’re just a fat, selfish, lazy, spoilsport c**t.
Then when the names are going in the hat for next weeks game, some c**t is nightshift or working away or something, and previous weeks no-show c**t shamelessly chucks his availability in there. Then every c**t in the groupchat instantly forgives the c**t and welcomes him back in with open fucking arms!

I fucking hate fives. Five-a-side c***s are honestly the worstcunts.
tenor.gif?itemid=10649746&key=ddd7de98145190321df30fdb1e83d953c9c8668b48e80b71790e0be56a73650f
f**k off.

Names going into a hat ?

Every monday I send a text out to my original 10 to see who is playing. As soon as call offs happen I go into reserves ( see the two arseholes on this forum) and that is me set for Friday. Illness can creep in or maybe some dont know until Wednesday if babysitters etc which is fine as still two days to sort it.

Sorting out numbers for five a sides is straight forward

We used to play in a 6 a side league on a Sunday night. I had to organise it and it was a nightmare. Started off with about 10 guys saying they'd play, and it just kept whittling down until we'd have about 4 actually turn up by the end of the season. I chucked it after that, wasn't worth the hassle. Arseholes.

I organised a game and did this - building up a kitty. There's an element of trust needed but it allowed us to buy a couple of new balls, and there was a nice wee starter kitty for one of the nights out.

That’s no a bad idea, but our price increase came from the actual Powerleague putting up their prices by a quid. Fiddling about with ten pence pieces is not something I can be arsed with.

From abdy’s fives-based annoyance, it seems my work fives game is a bit of an outlier. Regular as clockwork, straight from work so usually noone’s late, and we can draft from a reserve list if there’s a drop-out. Fair brightness up the midweek when you know you’ve got a decent game to look forward to on a Tuesday.

Names going into a hat ?

Every monday I send a text out to my original 10 to see who is playing. As soon as call offs happen I go into reserves ( see the two arseholes on this forum) and that is me set for Friday. Illness can creep in or maybe some dont know until Wednesday if babysitters etc which is fine as still two days to sort it.

Mullarkey is a reserve.

Well I never.....

Not actually petty at all, but groups of students at bars that all want to order and pay for their drinks individually. Introduce a minimum card payment of £5 to cut this sh*t out IMO.
You'd rather they spent more time counting out cash, waiting for change etc? Card payment is obviously the superior payment method for a hassle-free trip to the bar

Names going into a hat ?

We have a what’s app group and the 10 that played get 2 days to confirm for the following week and then it goes it to anyone who is available, some people put themselves as reserves but there’s not much you can do if someone pulls out an hour before kick off or just doesn’t show up. If we don’t have the numbers with 48 hours to go then it’s cancelled so no one has to pay for the pitch and if anyone who is confirmed then pulls out it’s up to them to find the replacement. Shit still happens and folk can become unavailable for what ever reason but just exiting the what’s app group without an explanation is absolutely subhuman.

You'd rather they spent more time counting out cash, waiting for change etc? Card payment is obviously the superior payment method for a hassle-free trip to the bar
Them paying by card isn't the point, more that they could easily buy somebody else a drink if they're going to be there for at least a couple. Minimum payment would make them think twice and help resurrect the lost art of the 'round'.

I was with a large group of PhD students last week and despite being there a couple of hours, not a single one asked their peers any variation of "anyone need a drink whilst I'm going up?". Don't get me started on coffee.

We have a what’s app group and the 10 that played get 2 days to confirm for the following week and then it goes it to anyone who is available, some people put themselves as reserves but there’s not much you can do if someone pulls out an hour before kick off or just doesn’t show up. If we don’t have the numbers with 48 hours to go then it’s cancelled so no one has to pay for the pitch and if anyone who is confirmed then pulls out it’s up to them to find the replacement. subhuman.

Basically that’s exactly how our WhatsApp chat works. There’s a pool of about 16/17 folk but now and again it goes right down to the day before we play to get a confirmed 10. On the rare occasion it has to be cancelled, the place we play at let’s us cancel up until midday on the day.