7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It was:

Thanks Gem

Many Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Gemma (Surname)

My pronouns are her, hers and she

(then address, e-mail etc are here).

Is there a chance that Gemma's been mistaken for a gentleman lately and has taken the mistake to heart?

Also, FTFY.

16 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It was:

Kind Regards

Gemma (Surname)

My pronouns are her, hers and she

(then address, e-mail etc are here).

I have never come across anything like this and couldn't work out what you were talking about when you started the topic. As somebody else said I can understand when it's an androgynous name like Chris but surely nobody could think that 'Gemma' could be a man's name?

Also, it seems an awkward way to do it when simply adding 'Miss/Mrs./Ms.' as appropriate would get the required information across in a far more natural manner.

12 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I do quite like the videos of things getting thrown into an industrial shredder tbh. Just watched a video of twenty disposable lighters encased on a block of jelly get chucked in. Hugely enjoyable.

Is there something wrong with you?

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I have never come across anything like this and couldn't work out what you were talking about when you started the topic. As somebody else said I can understand when it's an androgynous name like Chris but surely nobody could think that 'Gemma' could be a man's name?

Also, it seems an awkward way to do it when simply adding 'Miss/Mrs./Ms.' as appropriate would get the required information across in a far more natural manner.

The funny thing was that I had never seen it before but then I got 3 e-mails in the same day with it on.

All were from different people, all people on a national distribution list (so I’ll never meet/see them) and all giving pronouns that are exactly what you would have expected them to be with the names given. 

Meh I don't see the problem with the pronoun thing, doesn't do any harm.
My gripe with it is that we have a perfectly good way of dealing with this issue already. If I sign my emails Mr DiegoDiego then everyone knows I'm a bloke. Writing DiegoDiego (he, his, him) is an inelegant solution for something that isn't a problem.

5 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
51 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

My gripe with it is that we have a perfectly good way of dealing with this issue already. If I sign my emails Mr DiegoDiego then everyone knows I'm a bloke. Writing DiegoDiego (he, his, him) is an inelegant solution for something that isn't a problem.

Or to make it less formal, (Mr) DiegoDiego. Why anyone would list 3 pronouns like a grammar lesson is beyond me, unless it's what the term virtue signalling was invented for.

56 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Which is why it’s in the PTTGOYN thread 😂 It’s minor but as someone said, it’s more like they are giving me a lesson rather than simply sending an e-mail.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I got stuck beside two Forces bores regaling eachother with tales yesterday. Most annoying was frequent referral to being in the Navy as being "in the mob".

Is that a thing folk say? Its hurting my teeth

Call him a skate and let us know how you get on.

My game of fives went up by ten pence per person. £6.10, honestly what’s the fuckin point?! I’d rather pay £7.00 save the hassle of finding change every week.
I organised a game and did this - building up a kitty. There's an element of trust needed but it allowed us to buy a couple of new balls, and there was a nice wee starter kitty for one of the nights out.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
53 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I organised a game and did this - building up a kitty. There's an element of trust needed but it allowed us to buy a couple of new balls, and there was a nice wee starter kitty for one of the nights out.

PayPal pool is your friend here. 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I got stuck beside two Forces bores regaling eachother with tales yesterday. Most annoying was frequent referral to being in the Navy as being "in the mob".

Is that a thing folk say? Its hurting my teeth

"In the mob, you can sail the seven seas,

In the mob, you can put your mind at ease,

In the mob, Come on people make a stand,

In the mob, in the mob, can't you see we need a hand.

They want you. They want you. They want you as a new recruit."

Not convinced that version of the ancient sea chanty works. It doesn't even scan.