Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Idiots that stand up in queue miles before their flight is called when everyone has a reserved seat

I always see these folk and think "maybe it's me that's mad?" and that I'm missing something obvious. We're not going to get there any quicker.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I always see these folk and think "maybe it's me that's mad?" and that I'm missing something obvious. We're not going to get there any quicker.

I assumed it was because they didn't like the idea of having to put their luggage at the other end of the plane from where they were sitting.  You end up being right at the coos tail when disembarking 'cos no bugger will pass your case back.

22 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I assumed it was because they didn't like the idea of having to put their luggage at the other end of the plane from where they were sitting.  You end up being right at the coos tail when disembarking 'cos no bugger will pass your case back.

Most flights I have been on recently have boarded from the back to sort this issue. 

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Except that you catch everyone up at baggage reclaim anyway. 

People e-mailing who have added their pronouns to their e-mail signatures.
Why? Why do I need this information? I have your name from the e-mail so if/when I reply, that’s what I am going to use. I am not going to start talking about you to anyone else and if I did, I’d use your name. The name you just gave me. 

The only time I have seen anything like this is either ambiguous names ie Mr Morgan surname or ms Chris surname (not related) or someone drops the title Dr in there to show off that they are educated enough to read the content but not necessarily educated enough to understand it.
I work on a system that can give you a title but a choice of male or female for the gender. I am awaiting the first angry email over assumptions.

The thing is we reply in an informal manner aimed at looking friendly and approachable. So not dear Mr oblivious but more hi Neil type thing and it's only letters that do titles making the whole exercise entirety pointless.

9 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.  I blame the 20 bazillion YouTube vidoes of this kind of shit that bairns watch now.  Things getting sliced and folk running over water melons in cars.

I do quite like the videos of things getting thrown into an industrial shredder tbh. Just watched a video of twenty disposable lighters encased on a block of jelly get chucked in. Hugely enjoyable.