well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I tried to read A Brief History Of Time once but got bored by the third page - does anyone know if Stephen Hawking explained why, on average, the minutes on break times at work go approximately 4 times faster than when you're working?

Douglas Adams did: "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". 

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I tried to read A Brief History Of Time once but got bored by the third page - does anyone know if Stephen Hawking explained why, on average, the minutes on break times at work go approximately 4 times faster than when you're working?

It's similar to the time bending in the theory of relativity, where time passes more slowly with your relatives (Herring, Lee et all, 1993)

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Ad Lib started every sentence bar one on a recent interview I heard with him on Radio Scotland by saying "so". He spoke very well other than that, but it did make me cringe. It's really horrible.

So I think you’re being really unfair, actually.

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Ad Lib started every sentence bar one on a recent interview I heard with him on Radio Scotland by saying "so". He spoke very well other than that, but it did make me cringe. It's really horrible.

Strong advice needed imo

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I read this post with an inflection at the end

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

:lol:
If my work goes up, so would Stobbie and a fair chunk of the Hilltoon I'd guess. 
We'd call it regeneration. 

Damage could reach triple figures.

Jokes brought to you courtesy of yer auld da.

Religious differences from people who have never done anything religious except drink wine on a Sunday...

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Religious differences from people who have never done anything religious except drink wine on a Sunday...

I drink wine on a Sunday but I’m not religious.

8 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Pttgoyn today for me is the advert at the bottom of screen, usually vodaphone.

I'm currently seeing an advert for the University of Northampton's Open Day. WTF? 

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm currently seeing an advert for the University of Northampton's Open Day. WTF? 

Before I went platinum all I got was adverts for Russian hookers. Consider yourself respected.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Before I went platinum all I got was adverts for Russian hookers. Consider yourself respected.

putin.jpg.a30635b46b20610e76ae927a448dd247.jpg

On 17/09/2019 at 17:29, Dee Man said:

Because time is relative, although the actual measured time is consistent our own experiences of it vary due to loads of emotional and environmental elements.

For example, Stephen hawking felt he was having his teeth brushed for 2 hours when in fact it was really only 30 seconds.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

These adverts are tailored to your browsing history. Presumable tamthebam has been researching pubs in Northampton, while welshbairn...

On 18/09/2019 at 02:45, Ad Lib said:

So I think you’re being really unfair, actually.

I didn't hear the interview, but if you did that you're a wrong 'un.

Pubs in Scotland that show EPL games when there is a Scottish game on. Fortunately the guy behind the bar has put the Edinburgh derby on one of the screens for me...

Update. 

Edinburgh derby now on all screens.

Whichever 4pm English game is on has been punted. Natural order has been restored...

Edit: Missed Stevie Mallan's superstrike typing that. Fuxache...

Edited by Angusfifer