Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Have you tried your junk folder?

I have, and requested the email again several times. The email address is definitely correct.

It's even more annoying, since it requires a text code and an email code, and the text one comes through instantly.  Fucking DHL.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have, and requested the email again several times. The email address is definitely correct.

It's even more annoying, since it requires a text code and an email code, and the text one comes through instantly.  Fucking DHL.

Just had my own experience with DHL.

They claim to have delivered a package to me. I text the wife and she says no package delivered. Assumed they might have left it with a neighbour so I go check when I get home. No luck.

Phone them back up and they speak with the driver who is adamant he delivered it and a "gentleman signed for it". I explain the only person in my house during the day Is my wife.

Couple of days later and I phone them back up and relay the story to the customer services. She contacts the driver and tells him to come round and check what's happened.

Come home to a note from the driver saying he didn't have his glasses on and delivered the package to No1. I'm no7

The "gentleman" who signed for the package was the doormat he left my package under at No1 as they weren't in either when he came round. Luckily it wasn't stolen as it lay under the doormat for about 6 hours.

Was supposed to be getting a new oven delivered today just in time for christmas. Engineer takes the old one out and starts sucking air in through his teeth..." I don't think we'll be able to fit it, look these brackets are too high and aren't strong enough for your new oven"

" I assumed when I paid the hefty extra fee to get the new one installed it would include everything needed to install it"

"nah mate, you'll need to get a joiner in to build a shelf or fit brackets the right height and strength for your new oven before we can fit it"

Aye cheers pal.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Was supposed to be getting a new oven delivered today just in time for christmas. Engineer takes the old one out and starts sucking air in through his teeth..." I don't think we'll be able to fit it, look these brackets are too high and aren't strong enough for your new oven"

" I assumed when I paid the hefty extra fee to get the new one installed it would include everything needed to install it"

"nah mate, you'll need to get a joiner in to build a shelf or fit brackets the right height and strength for your new oven before we can fit it"

Aye cheers pal.

Image result for xmas day pot noodle

Having to navigate around Christmas shoppers.

Where do these folk hide for the rest of the year? Why are they allowed out without their carers? Why is setting fire to them frowned upon?

4 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I was delivering in Glasgow City Centre today and it was a tad scary.

Exactly what I had in mind. Walked through about 2.30. Between ignorant shoppers

and groups going between pubs, I flitted between homicidal and scared.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

24 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Having visitors staying at the house. It’s not that I don’t like them, I really do, but I hate having people staying and they are here for a least 4 days.

Interesting you haven't specified family, friends, etc.

Are you under house arrest?

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Having visitors staying at the house. It’s not that I don’t like them, I really do, but I hate having people staying and they are here for a least 4 days.

Hidden loudspeaker under the bed, some weird noises and a spurious tale that you got the house cheap because there was a murder in it years ago should see them off.