Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Aye, I've never been in this situation before; no idea if they'll even bother doing anything, or if they'll just try and land me with it all.

The scammer seems to be none too bright, judging by the number of takeaways and holidays they booked.

I once saw a guy with an obviously stolen card trying to claim cashback in a shop once. He came in, asked for cashback, got told he had to buy something to get it. He went and got a bottle of Irn Bru and tried to pay for it with contactless, which doesn't work with cashback. He left at this point because he obviously didn't know the pin, but it struck me as a pretty stupid way of trying to use a stolen card. He could've been a bottle of Grey Goose up with no second look, but no.

I once saw a guy with an obviously stolen card trying to claim cashback in a shop once. He came in, asked for cashback, got told he had to buy something to get it. He went and got a bottle of Irn Bru and tried to pay for it with contactless, which doesn't work with cashback. He left at this point because he obviously didn't know the pin, but it struck me as a pretty stupid way of trying to use a stolen card. He could've been a bottle of Grey Goose up with no second look, but no.
I'm probably missing something here, but using stolen card details to get your Just Eat orders delivered for a week seems like shockingly poor judgement. Also buying yourself a holiday through Secret Escapes.

Unless, of course, the polis really are just that incompetent/overworked.

A strange feature of Scots Law is that you can be charged with theft by opening lockfast place if you nick a bank card and use it to withdraw funds:

He then went to Asda Bridge of Don on July 1 and used the card to withdraw £500 from an ATM, and did the same thing two days later, gaining £1,000 in total.

At yesterday’s court hearing, W., admitted three counts of opening a lockfast place to steal – one in relation to the theft of the card and another in relation to the two cash withdrawals.

I took my car to the garage this morning with a suspected slow puncture. 

As it turns out, the tyre was fine.

What was in fact damaged, and causing the loss of pressure, was the valve attached to the sensor that exists only to tell me there's been a loss of pressure.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Got mixed up with hospital appointments and found out late last night I've an early morning one, no indication what for. Hung over as f**k and just been told it's for an anal biopsy and there may be some discomfort. You're not fucking kidding. :-o

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got mixed up with hospital appointments and found out late last night I've an early morning one, no indication what for. Hung over as f**k and just been told it's for an anal biopsy and there may be some discomfort. You're not fucking kidding. 😮

Your avatar has never been more apt.

(Hope all goes as well as could be expected)

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got mixed up with hospital appointments and found out late last night I've an early morning one, no indication what for. Hung over as f**k and just been told it's for an anal biopsy and there may be some discomfort. You're not fucking kidding. 😮

Jings, crivens help yer bum! 

Got mixed up with hospital appointments and found out late last night I've an early morning one, no indication what for. Hung over as f**k and just been told it's for an anal biopsy and there may be some discomfort. You're not fucking kidding. :-o
"Some men may experience some discomfort" is how the described vasectomy to me.

Good luck m9.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If it was fully intrusive, as in the snake camera all the way up to your nostrils, they'd have given you the "clean oot" delicious* drink that vacates the tubes for you.  You've no' been strapped tae a lavvy for 24 hours in doing so, therefore it is hopefully just a wee routine "peripheral" check up.  Plenty Listerine though, mate, although if the doctor's muddling aboot yer erse, i'm not sure a bit of drink-induced halitosis is going to be readily noticed.

Hope things go well buddy 👍 

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

If it was fully intrusive, as in the snake camera all the way up to your nostrils, they'd have given you the "clean oot" delicious* drink that vacates the tubes for you.  You've no' been strapped tae a lavvy for 24 hours in doing so, therefore it is hopefully just a wee routine "peripheral" check up.  Plenty Listerine though, mate, although if the doctor's muddling aboot yer erse, i'm not sure a bit of drink-induced halitosis is going to be readily noticed.

Hope things go well buddy 👍 

Had to take that stuff a couple years back, sure it said it was lemon and lime flavoured. Took me about two hours to drink a litre of it. Vile stuff.