Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

She should be joined by half the cats on here.
But in all seriousness, hopefully it's for the best for her and for you? This time of year can be difficult enough running round after people that you don't get enough time to wind down and reset. 
Aye certainly for the best just hard knowing she is in there with people who are certainly more , different than her. Probably not right word but yeah.
Meh just see what happens

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Aye certainly for the best just hard knowing she is in there with people who are certainly more , different than her. Probably not right word but yeah.
Meh just see what happens

Try not to feel bad about it, as hard as that is and perhaps too obvious. Make the most of the situation whatever that means for you. 

Christmas Eve Boxes. When the f**k did all this shit become a thing?  

A couple of years back the missus started one for the bairn with pyjamas, a dvd, a book and some other shite.  I was fucking raging as its not as if folk run out of presents to open on Christmas day and in my mind it totally ruins the excitement of opening stuff on Christmas day.  Fucking raging.

Now im even more raging. The sister has given the bairn a Christmas eve box (as well as a mountain of other stuff for Christmas day).

Not only has this become stupidly ridiculous, its also now annoyed the missus (pray for the gas bill) as the Christmas box "should be given by us, not anybody else".

No, it shouldnt be fucking well given by anybody because its another stupid shitey thing you've seen on Faceboook and have to copy.

Looks like my mum is going to be in a mental hospital over the festive season.
Pretty shit
Sorry to hear that G_Man. Better she gets the help she needs and they dont rush things, so she has a more positive outcome in the medium to long term.

Although I can understand your frustration, especially at this time of year.

Sorry to hear that G_Man. Better she gets the help she needs and they dont rush things, so she has a more positive outcome in the medium to long term.

Although I can understand your frustration, especially at this time of year.
https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-calls-for-answers-after-woman-found-dead-in-carseview-centre/

This sadly happened yesterday.

This time last year she was just getting out. 4th time in 2 years she has been in so see how we go this time. Last time she was in was for 50 odd days

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Looks like my mum is going to be in a mental hospital over the festive season.
Pretty shit

Not sure how you do this without being accused of virtue signalling by the resident roasters, but hopefully all goes well and you have other family to support you.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/exclusive-calls-for-answers-after-woman-found-dead-in-carseview-centre/

This sadly happened yesterday.

This time last year she was just getting out. 4th time in 2 years she has been in so see how we go this time. Last time she was in was for 50 odd days
That certainly adds another dimension to your concerns. I would put your concerns across to whoever is over seeing your Mum, regards this report, asap. You cannot do much more than that.

Unfortunately with psychiatric issues there isn't a "magic wand", as much as we would all like that. Even with meds it can be a case of ongoing trials, until they find the best course.

My thoughts are with you G_man. I'm sure you are doing all you can for your Mum, try not to worry too much, I know that might be easier said than done.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what I hate.... Days of relentless happy new year wishing. Unless I see you on the first of January (highly unlikely) can we just return to normal please?

In the last week or so when I’ve been delivering parcels , I’ve had quite a few folk wishing me a Merry Christmas . I don’t think that’s been a thing in previous years until maybe a few days before Christmas Day. But not in the first, or even the second f@ckin week in December. 

Edited by A96

Having your credit card details nicked by somebody (probably @Dindeleux) in the run up to Christmas. Not that it would be great fun at any other time, but I'm not exactly flush for cash at the moment, for a variety of reasons.

Made worse by the fact that I had the card transactions open on the screen in front of me when I contacted the card provider, only for them to immediately cut off access to my account, meaning they had to read out every transaction for the past month over the phone to ascertain whether I'd made them or not, rather than me just telling them which ones I didn't make. Also, because I can't log on to my account, I can't provide details to this Action Fraud thing they want me to contact, as I don't have access to the transaction history. Brilliant; good job, lads.

In fact, if you've got a minute, I'm also a bit ticked that my employer currently owes me about £400 in overpaid tax that HMRC claim they haven't received, and PPL PRS owe me about the same from overcharging for their "services", which they appear to be trying to give me in credit rather than the cold, hard cash that they took from me. Apparently nobody is capable of doing their fucking job properly anymore.

12 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Having your credit card details nicked by somebody (probably @Dindeleux) in the run up to Christmas. Not that it would be great fun at any other time, but I'm not exactly flush for cash at the moment, for a variety of reasons.

Made worse by the fact that I had the card transactions open on the screen in front of me when I contacted the card provider, only for them to immediately cut off access to my account, meaning they had to read out every transaction for the past month over the phone to ascertain whether I'd made them or not, rather than me just telling them which ones I didn't make. Also, because I can't log on to my account, I can't provide details to this Action Fraud thing they want me to contact, as I don't have access to the transaction history. Brilliant; good job, lads.

In fact, if you've got a minute, I'm also a bit ticked that my employer currently owes me about £400 in overpaid tax that HMRC claim they haven't received, and PPL PRS owe me about the same from overcharging for their "services", which they appear to be trying to give me in credit rather than the cold, hard cash that they took from me. Apparently nobody is capable of doing their fucking job properly anymore.

Oh dear. Hope it gets sorted soon. It's bad enough owing money you can't pay, but it's nearly as bad being owed money you can't get.

Oh dear. Hope it gets sorted soon. It's bad enough owing money you can't pay, but it's nearly as bad being owed money you can't get.
Aye, I've never been in this situation before; no idea if they'll even bother doing anything, or if they'll just try and land me with it all.

The scammer seems to be none too bright, judging by the number of takeaways and holidays they booked.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I hate Sevco and I'm pretty flush right now. You needing a tap until the end of the season again?

Maybe the doctor can give you something for that mate.

No, my plumbings fine but thanks for asking.