Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

When you open a new toothpaste, to find it is one that has one of those tiny wee tinfoil seals across the tube opening. Those wee fcukers never pick off easily. Never. 

Check the top of the lid- they often have a sharp point to cave in the pesky foil a la tomato purée tubes.

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Nah, f**k them. Even more so the c***s that stand in the middle of the street trying to find out who your gas/electricity supplier is. Even after you take the widest berth possible away from them, they still cut into your path and bother you. In my line of work, I’m usually out and about with vulnerable people, and the amount of times they’ve repeatedly cut into our path to ask the same shite they asked us when we walked past/away from them the first time is nonsense. Even if they notice that the client I’m with is getting distressed from the hassle and interruption, they get bent out of shape if I sternly tell them that I’m not interested and that I’m currently working. Wankers.

Earlier this year, a particularly egregious clipboard p***k repeatedly hung around outside our shop, no matter how many times he was politely asked to f**k off. They absolutely kill passing trade, as everybody's just desperate to get past them. He finally approached one of the local nutters, who took a couple of minutes out of his day to loudly excoriate the guy's life choices, personally and professionally. You'd better believe we had the popcorn out.

5 hours ago, NJ2 said:

You’re preventing natural selection ffs

Yes, I thought this was universally known, same as the ring pull on a can of coke,fanta, irn bru that the little hole is where you place your straw. Makes me seeth when I see a loose straw in a can...

That man is an idiot, bet his "best friend" is a dog.

Edited by SlipperyP

This is petty, but does irritate me. As a golfer of fifty years standing, when, and why, did Scots start referring to golf courses as ‘tracks’? Every conversation between other golfers I overhear these days... ‘Played Cawder last week, great track’... WTF? In all my years, that sort of conversation would have been ‘Played Cawder last week, great course’... or ‘great layout’, never, ever, would any golf course be referred to as a ‘track’.... ‘was at the British Grand Prix last week, aye, Silverstone. Great track’.

When did all this ‘track’ shite start? Around the same time as Scottish blokes suddenly started giving it ‘mate’ every two seconds in a conversation? Aye mate, sure mate, see you at six mate, aye, same old, same old mate...’

Edited by pozbaird

5 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, I thought this was universally known, same as the ring pull on a can of coke,fanta, irn bru that the little hole is where you place your straw. Makes me seeth when I see a loose straw in a can...

That man is an idiot, bet his "best friend" is a dog.

Checked my toothpaste. No ‘seal breaker’ prong on it. Must stop buying cheap shite from Home Bargains. Got a tube of tomato puree with a prong cap though. Will either make lasagne tonight, or start brushing my teeth with tomato puree. Choices, choices.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Checked my toothpaste. No ‘seal breaker’ prong on it. Must stop buying cheap shite from Home Bargains. Got a tube of tomato puree with a prong cap though. Will either make lasagne tonight, or start brushing my teeth with tomato puree. Choices, choices.

^^^ Location Cumbernauld.

Brushing teeth...

Lasagne :lol:

2 things he heard while on holiday at Prestatyn (which I've been on holiday, I know).

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

^^^ Location Cumbernauld.

Brushing teeth...

Lasagne :lol:

2 things he heard while on holiday at Prestatyn (which I've been on holiday, I know).

Prestatyn? I’ll Prestatyn ye’.... Feckin’ Millport it was.

16 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

This is petty, but does irritate me. As a golfer of fifty years standing, when, and why, did Scots start referring to golf courses as ‘tracks’? Every conversation between other golfers I overhear these days... ‘Played Cawder last week, great track’... WTF? In all my years, that sort of conversation would have been ‘Played Cawder last week, great course’... or ‘great layout’, never, ever, would any golf course be referred to as a ‘track’.... ‘was at the British Grand Prix last week, aye, Silverstone. Great track’.

When did all this ‘track’ shite start? Around the same time as Scottish blokes suddenly started giving it ‘mate’ every two seconds in a conversation? Aye mate, sure mate, see you at six mate, aye, same old, same old mate...’

Any c**t says "track" just hit them, doesn't have me hard, just enough for them to say "what you doing". 

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Prestatyn? I’ll Prestatyn ye’.... Feckin’ Millport it was.

Mods, he is clearly unhinged. doesn't know how a toothpaste tube opens, goes on holiday to Millport (wherever the f**k that is) and speaks like he is Prince Andrew.  

Press that button.

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

When, after years and years of ‘eye-kia’, furniture stores, or ‘high-oon-dye’, Korean cars, or ‘Voll-vo’ Swedish cars, adverts suddenly start giving it ‘‘ikk-i-a’, Hune-dae’ or ‘vull-voo’.

Just fuke-oof.

Same thing happened when they started calling it Ness-lay. Nessuls was good enough for my dad and it's good enough for me.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

As a golfer of fifty years standing, when, and why, did Scots start referring to golf courses as ‘tracks’?

Golf courses should be tracks.

Motocross tracks :) 

15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Pop-up stands in shopping centres, usually energy suppliers. All you want to do is to nip into Superdrug for a packet of Gillette razors, and you want to do it without trying to be converted to / from Scottish Power, but no, they clock you from a hundred yards. I know they’re just doing their job, but... 

I met 1 of these types in Curry's selling broadband and TV deals.

She was quite tidy and I was in no hurry so gave her 10mins of my time for a laugh.

I started by telling her "you'll no beat the price I pay the now". She seems to take this as a challenge worth winning.

Told her what I pay for my fibre and TV package with Sky sports and she couldn't even get a deal close to what I pay.

I got lucky with an introductory offer and when the period ran out and I threatened to leave, they kept the price the same for another year.

Edited by Gaz FFC