Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My £20 Bluetooth headphones have better sound quality on certain file types than my airpods. Apparently it's due to the way the sound is processed on Android to apple.

Me, I don't really give a flying rats arse. The headphones are for when the wife is watching the latest round of reality shite and the airpods are for avoiding people when in the shops or on foot.

That said. Being able to control the volume and change track via my watch also means my phone never needs to leave my pocket on the move.

No cables, no fannying about with the music app.

Certainly beats the old MP3 player days. Or the portable CD player with 60seconds shock proof buffering, or, god help me, the reversible tape player with the shitey foam coated headphones with the thin metal strip holding them together.

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Or the portable CD player with 60seconds shock proof buffering, or, god help me, the reversible tape player with the shitey foam coated headphones with the thin metal strip holding them together.

I suspect I'm setting myself up for an "OK Boomer" but I can remember turning my transistor radio this way and that trying to get a clear signal from Radio Luxembourg through my one, count them...one earpiece. And by "clear" I mean being able to recognise the song being played.

Fuckin' millennials don't know how good they've got it.

42 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I suspect I'm setting myself up for an "OK Boomer" but I can remember turning my transistor radio this way and that trying to get a clear signal from Radio Luxembourg through my one, count them...one earpiece. And by "clear" I mean being able to recognise the song being played.

When I listened to Radio Luxembourg I had to pace about the room with the radio above my head chasing the signal.

I thought ok boomer was in relation to realising when one doesn't listen so instead of repeating yourself you just say ok boomer.

But yeah I wasn't old enough to appreciate radio Luxembourg, it stopped when I was still getting subjected to radio one or funny mouth radio (tich mccooey)

I'm sure this might have been mentioned before on here, but BBC Scotland are showing the womens' friendly international in full this evening of Them v Germany.  The qualifier Scotland game in Albania was shown on Alba.  Something evidently not right with this.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

I'm sure this might have been mentioned before on here, but BBC Scotland are showing the womens' friendly international in full this evening of Them v Germany.  The qualifier Scotland game in Albania was shown on Alba.  Something evidently not right with this.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

BBC Scotland doesn't start until 7pm so the channel simulcasts whatever is on BBC Two before then.