Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Whenever a pit bull rips up another dog, or attacks a kid, you can guarantee there will be a bunch of brain donors jumping in with the "Don't blame the dog, pit bulls are loving sweet animals" and "I have a pit bill and he wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Aye, until the day he does.

I'm feeling more than bitter about this today because I've just heard that the weeks-old baby of a friend of a friend has been badly bitten by the family pit bull. The baby is in hospital and will probably be scarred for life while the dog is still at home. Rather than destroying the PoS, the arsehole owner is looking to rehome it because, you guessed it..."It's a really sweet dog." 

46 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

A rather odd request, but here's two recently deceased specimens for you. IMG_20191103_151221.jpeg

Pretty sure it was a Simpsons reference.

Put a few items for free on a Facebook site as they are in good condition and the charity shop won't take them (car seat and steriliser). Someone said they'd collect them last night and didn't turn up. Messaged them this morning, they said they'll be at mine at two. Still not turned up. Why bother asking for them?! 

Speaking of dogs and their owners' inability to comprehend that other people may not love them as much as they do, I get asked all the time when visiting a customer's house "do you like dogs?" as they're already in the process of opening a door to release whatever may be lurking behind it.

I generally have no problem with dogs, but it's a broad question to ask when I could be confronted by anything from a cuddly toy Papillon to a huge, slavering hellhound, usually intent on getting fired into my pockets and crotch with jaws which could split a bowling ball.

I love a daft big dug coming up to me youse are all a bunch of miseryguts

I’ve got one of those big daft dugs! I don’t let him run about big parks like a mentalist though if it’s busy with other dogs. If he is off the lead for a run though he comes straight away when I shout or blow the whistle. If I’m walking him up the Helix, Calendar Park or the like it’s if there’s groups of kids it can be an issue if they all come tanking over at once (usually cos they think I’m walking a wolf) and want to pet him at once. He’s fine with kids but gets scared and barks if he’s crowded/surrounded.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Whenever a pit bull rips up another dog, or attacks a kid, you can guarantee there will be a bunch of brain donors jumping in with the "Don't blame the dog, pit bulls are loving sweet animals" and "I have a pit bill and he wouldn't hurt a fly!"

Aye, until the day he does.

I'm feeling more than bitter about this today because I've just heard that the weeks-old baby of a friend of a friend has been badly bitten by the family pit bull. The baby is in hospital and will probably be scarred for life while the dog is still at home. Rather than destroying the PoS, the arsehole owner is looking to rehome it because, you guessed it..."It's a really sweet dog." 

Can never understand why anyone would keep such a dog when they have a baby or child.

When I walk my Rottweiler, she always has a muzzle on, always on a harness. She is not the friendliest of dogs with people or other dogs she doesn't know. But then most folk avoid me anyway when I am out with her.
Diego is a funny name for a she

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
When I walk my Rottweiler, she always has a muzzle on, always on a harness. She is not the friendliest of dogs with people or other dogs she doesn't know. But then most folk avoid me anyway when I am out with her.

Diego is a funny name for a she

He has become a house cat now. Honestly, even with his ba's aff he continued to fight everything in sight.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Can never understand why anyone would keep such a dog when they have a baby or child.

FTFY.
I'm a major dug fan (cats can gtf) but I really, really fucking hate pit bulls and I have no patience for people who own them or make apologies for them.

Edited by Shotgun