Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If I’m invited to any social gathering, I’d consider myself to be inconsiderate or even ignorant if I didn’t turn up with at least twice the amount of alcohol that I think likely I’d consume, I always carry a safety Q of ching & a couple of bottles of poppers. Anyone else is doing social gatherings incorrectly. Obviously, if it’s an infants birthday party, things change drastically- I’d definitely talk a half ounce to that.

Kids birthday party? You buy a nice gift for the wean and go for the scran and maybe a bottle of beer.  I wouldn’t think of taking booze with me not expecting to have a sesh given the nature of the occasion.

Meal/night in etc- take your own drink, bottle of Prosecco or wine for the hostess and some beers for the host.  Bunch of flowers as well and a wee gift for their kids if they have any.  Leave all booze behind you cheap bassers.  I’d expect to be fed for free but would stretch to a halfhearted ‘can I help you tidy up’ statement.

The above seems entirely sensible to me.  Hardly a surprise that a party loosely connected to throbber, albeit for a very young child is centred on alcohol and being miffed about people consuming his alcohol.   

Throbbed answers the door sweating after going five minutes without pouring a can of fizzy American pish into his distended gullet, sees that his family haven’t supplied him with more drink and can barely hide his contempt.

You love to see it.

Let's be honest, nobody wants to go to a birthday party for a 2yo, so the host providing food and refreshments has to be the means of encouraging attendance.

Having your own 2yo can be bad enough, so spending a Saturday afternoon with a houseful of them and their parents that you only speak to out of a shared affliction really doesn't appeal.

7 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

If I’m invited to any social gathering, I’d consider myself to be inconsiderate or even ignorant if I didn’t turn up with at least twice the amount of alcohol that I think likely I’d consume, I always carry a safety Q of ching & a couple of bottles of poppers. Anyone else is doing social gatherings incorrectly. Obviously, if it’s an infants birthday party, things change drastically- I’d definitely talk a half ounce to that.

I'd like to invite you to a party at Jumping Joeys a week Saturday.

RSVP.

The above seems entirely sensible to me.  Hardly a surprise that a party loosely connected to throbber, albeit for a very young child is centred on alcohol and being miffed about people consuming his alcohol.   

It doesn’t matter what the occasion was, these individuals knew there would be beer/wine being consumed and made a conscious decision to not being any to the party and drank what was there anyway. This wasn’t a case of showing up at my house and accepting an offer of a beer as a spur of the moment thing.

I also didn’t act unreasonably at all and sat back and watched it all unfold before venting my frustrations in a petty annoyance thread on the pages of an anonymous football forum.

9 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Kids parties are terrible affairs. I'd have sunk two glasses of wine before I got there and taken a couple of bottles with me just to numb the pain of the inevitable soul-destroying small talk. Then fucked off from the adults and played with the kids on the trampoline. 

I think Softplay areas are missing a trick by not having Prosecco on tap!

9 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I’ve been trying to shoehorn your username into Turboshandys without success for the past five minutes, Turdeemanshandy. 

I'm more offended at the jobby connotations tbh. 

7 hours ago, Swarley said:
10 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:
I have fucking had it with micro sinks.
778796352_microsink.JPG.92a98183735569b3b548cd093a3ef008.JPG

How many years do you have left on your sentence?

Believe me I'd love to be in prison right now but sadly that isn't the case.

I was down in London recently and the sink in the hotel bathroom was so small you could barely spit your toothpaste into it.

The sink in the office toilets is about the same size.

Absolutely screams "Oh we ticked off something we had to do without giving a f**k about anyone that has to use them".