Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I can't remember if I posted this recently but the other month I requested an aisle seat - I was on laxatives, no further details required - and when I got to my seat there was a woman sat in it. When I told her it was my seat she asked if I would mind sitting in the middle seat. My mind was saying, "You can get right to f**k you cheeky c**t", while my mouth was saying, "I'm sorry, I've just taken a laxative and my arse could explode at any moment, it could get messy.". 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

The other thing is the announcement not to turn your phones on until the plane has come to a stop, then no sooner have the wheels hit the tarmac than notification sounds start pinging all over the plane. Utter, utter morons.

Tbf I've done this a few times before. Even when the plane is still in the air but relatively low approaching the airport. I do tend to have the phone on silent so as not to come across as a complete bell end but honestly if mobile phones were interfering with the aircraft systems that badly I think there would be aircraft falling out of the sky left right and centre.

Tbf I've done this a few times before. Even when the plane is still in the air but relatively low approaching the airport. I do tend to have the phone on silent so as not to come across as a complete bell end but honestly if mobile phones were interfering with the aircraft systems that badly I think there would be aircraft falling out of the sky left right and centre.
The mobile thing is total bollocks. Imagine thinking your bluetooth device can genuinely cause a problem, then thinking that the lives of those on board are entrusted to idiot members of the public switching them off.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, EH75 said:

The mobile thing is total bollocks. Imagine thinking your bluetooth device can genuinely cause a problem, then thinking that the lives of those on board are entrusted to idiot members of the public switching them off.

Pilots get interference on the radio, that annoying sound of mobile phone signals. It's not really a safety issue as it's not enough to impede communication, just fucking annoying.

I remember when they used to make you take your earphones out for take off and landing. I think they have stopped that now on most airlines, probably got too unwieldy to police. 

And I can't believe they still haven't found a way around the 100ml liquids / please remove every electrical item from your baggage rule. If you were planning to blow up a plane using liquid explosive whats to stop someone just bringing it on in several consignments of 100ml and mixing it together in the toilet? I mean, I've seen Die Hard with a Vengeance (which I trust is completely scientifically accurate) you don't even need that much liquid explosive to make a big explosion.

Pilots get interference on the radio, that annoying sound of mobile phone signals. It's not really a safety issue as it's not enough to impede communication, just fucking annoying.
Yeah well, that's not enough to convince me I shouldn't be blaring music out using bluetooth headphones and whatsapping photos to the #ladz once my phone picks up a signal in the descent tbh.

10 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Do you have an altitude in mind when you think it's ok to do it?

I remember when they used to make you take your earphones out for take off and landing. I think they have stopped that now on most airlines, probably got too unwieldy to police. 
And I can't believe they still haven't found a way around the 100ml liquids / please remove every electrical item from your baggage rule. If you were planning to blow up a plane using liquid explosive whats to stop someone just bringing it on in several consignments of 100ml and mixing it together in the toilet? I mean, I've seen Die Hard with a Vengeance (which I trust is completely scientifically accurate) you don't even need that much liquid explosive to make a big explosion.
They have. It is being trialled in a lot of airports currently.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How close do you have to be sitting to the radio for that to happen though?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, EH75 said:

They have. It is being trialled in a lot of airports currently.

Aye they've been saying that for a few years though I won't hold my breath.

25 minutes ago, EH75 said:

Isn't that a bit sad? What do you think you're missing or is so urgent?