well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

£12 (twelve) to get a fucking duvet cleaned. 

Robbing b*****ds.

Some petrol stations have big washing machines, you could do an 18Kg washing for £2.

Edited by Zen Archer

Someone in my street is having a party and has been for 12 hours.

They’re 5 doors away and I can hear his bird shrieking with laughter.

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm thinking of buying the new Pars top but I don't play football and I wouldn't wear it to a game. Wouldn't wear it as "leisurewear" either. I have a very specific purpose in mind for it. 

Muffy/Renton bed lining? 

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

On the train to Versailles there was a carriage of people wearing Argentina tops on Saturday. It was like 37 degrees outside, hotter on the train.

Football tops aren't made from material that is designed to keep you smelling nice in my experience. Bunch of absolute weirdos. Greasy haired weirdos.

Yep, white (or a light colour) cotton t-shirts for anything over 20 IMO.

12 hours ago, mizfit said:

She can see your penis from there?

15 hours ago, mizfit said:

2 doors down.JPG

House names.

If it's a farm, some big stand alone mansion or B&B for business purposes, then fair enough, but a semi-detached or terraced house called 'Schiehallion' or something of that ilk?  Nah.  Not having it.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

House names.

If it's a farm, some big stand alone mansion or B&B for business purposes, then fair enough, but a semi-detached or terraced house called 'Schiehallion' or something of that ilk?  Nah.  Not having it.

"Dunroamin"

f**k off you old c***s. 

ETA

My house has its original name painted above the door.  In fact all the house in the terrace do although it used to be called something else when it was built.

I presume this is because the houses were built before folk used numbers or some such.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

Because it a yellow football shirt and you're 47.

I’ve taken your points on board, considered them and rejected them.

My ongoing research into late 40s male fashion trends tells me that I should endeavour to bring more colour into my wardrobe in the hope that its influences other auld c***s to ditch the constant blacks (racist!), dark blues, dark greens and greys.

I want the older generation to look like fucking CBeebies presenters.

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve taken your points on board, considered them and rejected them.

... I ... hope... c***s ...ditch the ...greens and greys.

^^^^Big team found

Birthday celebrations/events. 

Aye very well done for surviving another year, congratulations. If you actually liked all these people you've invited to your birthday night out you'd see them more than once a fucking year. 

Spoiler

And no I wasn't invited

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

House names.

Missus' friend bought a detached cottage type house in Newton Mearns and created a name for it. if looking to decide on a venue for some get-together he offers up the name of his house as an option ie "why don't we meet up at Shang-ri-la* ?"

*can't remember the name he gave the place but the name in itself annoys me as much as the fact he named it in the first place. 

My folks named the house I grew up in by Scottish-izing the view of the nearby (English) hill. They had a nameplate made from slate and put it up by the front door so it was the first thing anybody noticed on coming to the house. 

Utter cringe.

My Dad used to include it when giving his address and got annoyed when the rest of us didn't do the same. Worse, when they retired back to Scotland, they took the nameplate with them and put it up on the new house where it made even less sense.

Rangers/The Rangers being referred to as the Light Blues, for me they have never worn light blue. 

53 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Worse, when they retired back to Scotland, they took the nameplate with them and put it up on the new house where it made even less sense.

Didn't that confuse the postie?

On the subject of house names, my mate (surname: Pirrie) used to live in a house that was miles away from anywhere, essentially in the middle of a big park. Taxi drivers knew where to go when directed to Little House on the Pirrie.

oh how we laughed.