Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Was it the same for everyone else in Cuppy that the goalkeeper was also the ref? Used to love this, especially if you had a GK who wouldn't pay the best attention. Nothing better than being in possession, having a quick glance at the GK to see him looking away before picking the ball up and legging it towards goal. The seethe was always glorious and the GK was usually none the wiser.

Picked the ball up?

There's always been something weird about Dumfries, and that sums it up. You'd have got a good solid toe in the arse of you'd tried that in civilisation.

... before picking the ball up and legging it towards goal. The seethe was always glorious...

Picked the ball up?

There's always been something weird about Dumfries, and that sums it up. You'd have got a good solid toe in the arse of you'd tried that in civilisation.

As I said, the seethe was glorious. I'd have loved to have had a game with you [emoji38]

Similar to headers and volleys we had Jimmy reed heid. All players start on 21 points and the object was to reduce the goalie to 0. 1 point deducted for conceding a simple volley, 2 pts for a header and 3 for a 'fancy' (overhead volley, backheel etc,). Any shots over, wide or caught on the volley by the keeper and you were now in goals.

To knock someone out you had to finish on a header so reducing them to 1 or past 0 and they went back to 21 and you were generally given dogs abuse/a kicking off your mates if you were the culprit.

Also great for the arguments it would produce as to whether or not it was a fancy that had just been scored or just a volley!

My mate from Fife claimed it was called "one and go behind" but its always been world cup where I'm from (Angus)
Yes, we called it either World Cup Doubles or World Cup Singles (D&G, not Dumfries)

did anybody play "5 and a kick in"? Basically someone would go in goals and if they let in 5 (scored on the volley naturally) they got kicked in and someone else would go in.

wouldn't Scottish football be enlivened by the rest of the team kicking the goalie in if during a match he lets in 5?

3 minutes ago, booo267 said:

Nice recipe!! I want to try!

You try this -  Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
Needs:
1 cup Strawberries
1 ripe Banana
3 ounces Baby spinach
½ cup Almond Milk
1 cup Water
Tasty!)

Thanks booo. I’ve always said you’re one of the best spambots on P&B.

44 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Similar to headers and volleys we had Jimmy reed heid. All players start on 21 points and the object was to reduce the goalie to 0. 1 point deducted for conceding a simple volley, 2 pts for a header and 3 for a 'fancy' (overhead volley, backheel etc,). Any shots over, wide or caught on the volley by the keeper and you were now in goals.

To knock someone out you had to finish on a header so reducing them to 1 or past 0 and they went back to 21 and you were generally given dogs abuse/a kicking off your mates if you were the culprit.

Also great for the arguments it would produce as to whether or not it was a fancy that had just been scored or just a volley!

Shut up James.

Just the general principle, I have no specific person in mind. If I was in this position I'd probably think seriously about how my kids would react now and later to me doing a "I'm all happy again with my new partner" item on telly or a magazine.
And if you didn't it would be splashed all over the tabloids as something sneaky and callous.

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

did anybody play "5 and a kick in"? Basically someone would go in goals and if they let in 5 (scored on the volley naturally) they got kicked in and someone else would go in.

wouldn't Scottish football be enlivened by the rest of the team kicking the goalie in if during a match he lets in 5?

Incoming red dots from Arvid Schenck and Jack Hamilton.