Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's not really a rando Jamaican though, she's got eight world championship golds and is a two time Olympic champion. Anyone who gives the slightest of fucks about international athletics will have heard of her.

Women's athletics is double-barreled heavy as they want to take their husband's name upon marriage but also want to keep theirs for branding purposes. They don't want to go from Mixu Fixit to Mixu Shankland overnight and have people think its two different folk, they'll change it to Mixu Fixit-Shankland instead and keep the sponsors happy. Plus gender equality and all that.

I enjoy the fact that the winner is the double double barreled Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

I ripped my remaining pair of jeans last week, and had to wear cream joggers to work until the weekend, so can confirm that throbber most likely does look like a sexual predator.

Edit: I managed to avoid pissing myself, though. I'm not a total deviant.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

12 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The way that when I'm on P&B on my phone and just as I press on a thread the page readjusts causing the page to move just enough so I end up getting the posters page, not the thread. I'm not checking or stalking just fairly crap with this phone.

Happens to me all the time. I've never been interested in looking at someone's profile yet have found myself on loads of poster's pages. 

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
A couple of seasons back, Dunfermline "goalkeeper" finished one season as Davie Hutton and started the next as David Sinclair-Hutton. 

Tbf, that was to avoid him being confused with the p***k from the Quicksale ads on the radio.

Certainly never got confused with a keeper anyway.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Happens to me all the time. I've never been interested in looking at someone's profile yet have found myself on loads of poster's pages. 

Most of my profile views have been accidental, too.

11 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Is that not just because she's the British one and so the more interesting bit if the story vs some rando Jamaican getting gold?

Also how come athletics has become so double barrelled of late?

Who fcuking-knows, and who fcuking-cares.

I travel to the USA a lot too, and have no real issue being understood, except for one word ‘bourbon’. I am partial to a bourbon & coke, but no matter how hard I try, the way I say ‘bourbon’ sounds like an aggressive ‘burr! bun!’ 

I have what I think is a pretty clear voice, obviously have a scottish accent but think im quite well spoken, just back from three weeks in the states and despite speaking slower than usual and the like many of the americans looked at me as if I was speaking Swahili or something. Asked a woman in a shop for ‘rubbish bags’ blank look ‘trash bags’ she said ‘tampons?’ And then i typed it out on my phone ‘oooh trash bags’ ffs yes thats what I said you moron. Had one American tell me my English was very good for a foreigner.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have what I think is a pretty clear voice, obviously have a scottish accent but think im quite well spoken, just back from three weeks in the states and despite speaking slower than usual and the like many of the americans looked at me as if I was speaking Swahili or something. Asked a woman in a shop for ‘rubbish bags’ blank look ‘trash bags’ she said ‘tampons?’ And then i typed it out on my phone ‘oooh trash bags’ ffs yes thats what I said you moron. Had one American tell me my English was very good for a foreigner.

I think I've posted this before but I was sat outside a backpackers hostel in Australia years ago talking to my then English girlfriend. I nipped into the toilet and when I came back out my girlfriend said the German guy who was sat along from us had asked her, "Why is he talking to you in a foreign language and you are replying in English?"

Whilst in Antwerp, myself, Mrs Mathematics and a Liverpudlian (sounds like a shite joke) were in a restaurant. Server started speaking Dutch to us when coming to take our order. When we told her we didn’t speak Dutch, she was shocked as she could’ve sworn we had been speaking it since we arrived.

34 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I did have a laugh once when Mrs Poz ordered burgers for us in a Texas BBQ joint, and the lassie serving just looked at her and replied ‘I love ya’ accent an’ all, but I can’t understand a god-dam’ thing ya’ saying’. 

If I’m watching the news, and there’s farmers or fishermen on from Orkney, or the nether regions of Aberdeenshire - fcuked if I can understand a ‘god-dam thing’ any of those guys are saying.

Edited by pozbaird