Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I really don’t know what the point of plain headed screws are these days. Their a fucking nonsense for electric screwdrivers.

Exactly, I put a plain bit in my screw gun and it was that much of a struggle getting them in I just went and used other screws.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I have, when I was a wean. Guy who'd just walked in jumped up when the next chair was available, only to be calmly told "this guy was before you" by a fairly imposing manly-man in the corner. Queue-jumper tried to ignore him, which resulted in him being STRONGLY ADVISED to get back in his seat. Clearly wasn't happy about it, but he silently returned to the seating area.

I was fairly in awe of this, and decided to take this lesson in manliness to heart...by being a massive wuss and never jumping a queue, lest a proper man humiliate me  :lol:

:lol: Jolly good.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I bought a lock for my gate from b and q and the screws that it came with were for a plain screwdriver, surely if you’re going to require a screw gun to get it into wood then the head should be Philips?

55 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I really don’t know what the point of plain headed screws are these days. Their a fucking nonsense for electric screwdrivers.

50 minutes ago, throbber said:

Exactly, I put a plain bit in my screw gun and it was that much of a struggle getting them in I just went and used other screws.

Is there a sub text in this conversation that I'm missing?