Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
13 minutes ago, Dele said:
I thought Michael Stewart was bad on Sportscene. Tim Cahill just said on MOTD regarding Roberto Firmino "He's the glue that makes the team work" 

Michael Stewart is not bad on sportscene. That's your first mistake.

Is it all the other shows he's shite on?

Two pit-bulls running loose ripped up a neighbour's dog this afternoon. Two other neighbours saw it going down and ran over to break things up, just in time to see the pit-bulls' scumbag owner bundle them into his pick'em-up truck and blaze off in a cloud of dust. They didn't catch the number plate. The dog was rushed to the emergency vet but it's injuries were too severe and it had to be euthanised.

If this was an isolated incident it would be one thing but as it is, there's barely a week goes by that we don't hear some kind of horror story like this. My own dog was badly mauled by two Rottweilers a few years back when I was walking her on a lead but because they didn't harm me, there was nothing the law could do other than order their owner to cover the vet's bill. Even though they'd attacked someone else's dog a few weeks before.

I fucking hate people like this. If your dick's so small you need a vicious dog to compensate, then keep the b*****d thing under control.

Oh; and if that wasn't infuriating enough, the pit-bull apologists are all over the local social media sites tonight giving it the "Oh but they're really sweet dogs, don't blame the dogs" shite.  f**k those twats too.

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Two pit-bulls running loose ripped up a neighbour's dog this afternoon. Two other neighbours saw it going down and ran over to break things up, just in time to see the pit-bulls' scumbag owner bundle them into his pick'em-up truck and blaze off in a cloud of dust. They didn't catch the number plate. The dog was rushed to the emergency vet but it's injuries were too severe and it had to be euthanised.

If this was an isolated incident it would be one thing but as it is, there's barely a week goes by that we don't hear some kind of horror story like this. My own dog was badly mauled by two Rottweilers a few years back when I was walking her on a lead but because they didn't harm me, there was nothing the law could do other than order their owner to cover the vet's bill. Even though they'd attacked someone else's dog a few weeks before.

I fucking hate people like this. If your dick's so small you need a vicious dog to compensate, then keep the b*****d thing under control.

Oh; and if that wasn't infuriating enough, the pit-bull apologists are all over the local social media sites tonight giving it the "Oh but they're really sweet dogs, don't blame the dogs" shite.  f**k those twats too.

Wrong thread surely.  Hardly a petty issue if someone’s pet dog is being attacked and , in this case, as good as, killed by another pet dog.   I know I wouldn’t brush it off as petty, if my dog got attacked in the way described in the post

Calling Cards of Morons thread is maybe more suitable for a few points from this post :-

a. Having a dangerous/aggressive dog (or any dog , actually) but making no serious attempt to keep it under control

b.  Using the small dick reference to anything involving someone having something perceived as being unnecessarily or unusually large or expensive (such as the pit bull dogs in this case , or more typically, a big car)

c.  Posting  in the wrong thread and not  really getting the point of the thread from the heading

When this happens it is the owners fault. If they are aware their dog is aggressive they 100% need to keep it under control.

There’s a good chance the dog is so aggressive because of the way the owner has raised it.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

b.  Using the small dick reference to anything involving someone having something perceived as being unnecessarily or unusually large or expensive (such as the pit bull dogs in this case , or more typically, a big car)

^^^Has a tiny dick and a Chihuahua.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s a good chance the dog is so aggressive because of the way the owner has raised it.

Some years ago I was in a pub with my mate. Guy standing at the bar had a huge German Shepherd which growled and barked at anybody who went near it. His method of calming it down was to beat it with the lead. Finally the barman told him to take the dog home (addressed him by name so he was obviously a regular).

Guy left with the dog and two minutes later a brassy blonde came in and sits down at the bar. My (pissed) mate went to the bar to get the drinks in and started chatting her up. She gave him a knockback as expected and he came back with the drinks.  Two minutes after that the dog owner returns (on his own) and sits next to the blonde - he was her husband. My mate wonders what would have happened had the husband seen him chatting up his wife when the dog was still around.

13 hours ago, Dele said:

I thought Michael Stewart was bad on Sportscene. Tim Cahill just said on MOTD regarding Roberto Firmino "He's the glue that makes the team work" 

For us to slag off Cahill, is a bit rich, when we can parade, Stewart, Boyd, Walker, Nicholas, Miller, McManus, Craigan and Dodds

5d68dc07558e49.28710581-768x576.jpg.cec73af948eff469b84c7dd5e4d730ba.jpg

Folk like this. Claims he's a businessman. He hires a van and picks up old fridges. This isn't the first time he's been in the paper for stupid shit like this. 

Also, the paper both giving him column inches and even worse, blurring out "Fcuk". There is a far worse spelling error on the whatever the f**k it is made up of. 

45 minutes ago, Dele said:

5d68dc07558e49.28710581-768x576.jpg.cec73af948eff469b84c7dd5e4d730ba.jpg

Folk like this. Claims he's a businessman. He hires a van and picks up old fridges. This isn't the first time he's been in the paper for stupid shit like this. 

Also, the paper both giving him column inches and even worse, blurring out "Fcuk". There is a far worse spelling error on the whatever the f**k it is made up of. 

Seen this last week, obviously thinks he is helping

For us to slag off Cahill, is a bit rich, when we can parade, Stewart, Boyd, Walker, Nicholas, Miller, McManus, Craigan and Dodds

I guess that’s why it’s in the Petty Things... thread, rather than the terrible journalist thread.

But yes, Tim Cahill is Newsnight Review calibre compared to those guys.