Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

FFS @Bairnardo is it not enough to be pumping his wife you’re trying to skin his cash at the same time?

I initially planned to rip him off by flogging his shoes and clothes, but you know the oddest thing happened.... Couldnt find a buyer. 

Might start taking bids on P&B for the Rent Boy.....

Similar to Shandon Par's tale of card fraud, I received an email on Tuesday evening thanking me for my order on Skip the Dishes, some cheeky scamp had hacked my account and ordered some kebabs to an address in Quebec. Contacted Skip the Dishes who cancelled the order and said they would launch a fraud investigation, called my credit card company who cancelled the card, both places said to file a police report.

Filed one online with Toronto Police, haven't heard back yet, fair enough, Toronto is a huge city and a little fraud probably isn't top of their list of priorities, what with the rampant gun crime and 37 murders so far this year to deal with. 

Filed a report with the police department of Laval, Quebec on Wednesday morning, received an email at 11.30 am saying my report has been assigned to an officer, received a second email at 11.35 saying my report had been cancelled. The message basically said if Toronto police ask for our help themselves we will help them, otherwise we can't be arsed with this. If Laval was a big city I might understand but considering they have only had 8 murders this year it just seems lazy.

In short Quebec is petty and gets on my nerves

25 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Similar to Shandon Par's tale of card fraud, I received an email on Tuesday evening thanking me for my order on Skip the Dishes, some cheeky scamp had hacked my account and ordered some kebabs to an address in Quebec. Contacted Skip the Dishes who cancelled the order and said they would launch a fraud investigation, called my credit card company who cancelled the card, both places said to file a police report.

Filed one online with Toronto Police, haven't heard back yet, fair enough, Toronto is a huge city and a little fraud probably isn't top of their list of priorities, what with the rampant gun crime and 37 murders so far this year to deal with. 

Filed a report with the police department of Laval, Quebec on Wednesday morning, received an email at 11.30 am saying my report has been assigned to an officer, received a second email at 11.35 saying my report had been cancelled. The message basically said if Toronto police ask for our help themselves we will help them, otherwise we can't be arsed with this. If Laval was a big city I might understand but considering they have only had 8 murders this year it just seems lazy.

In short Quebec is petty and gets on my nerves

Sair yin. Home delivery from Dunfermline to Canada could prove costly...

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Imagine dressing up like Shandon just to get a JD Sports store card.

My moneys on throbber.

#Lonsdalesagogo

Would kill two birds with one stone though, if you happened to have an audition for the Mighty Boosh on the same day

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
You paid cash for a holiday?

The day I paid it I was in the bank beforehand so just took the money out.

I’d get claims in writing ASAP and start threatening small claims etc.

This is the worst time of year for travel firms going tits up due to cash flow.  Paying a holiday in cash is madness; credit cards guarantee your money unless you’re ridiculously negligent.

I hope they’re in ATOL or ABTA.

good luck

I’d get claims in writing ASAP and start threatening small claims etc.
This is the worst time of year for travel firms going tits up due to cash flow.  Paying a holiday in cash is madness; credit cards guarantee your money unless you’re ridiculously negligent.
I hope they’re in ATOL or ABTA.
good luck

I only paid £300 in cash and am due £102 back. I'm not scared they won't give me it, it's the bullshit that's annoyed me. If they know that money is set aside for me it shouldn't matter if I can get in on the Tuesday or the Friday, the money should be set aside for me to collect. The money itself isn't the thing that's annoyed me (if I was desperate for the cash I'd have been at the door ASAP) it's the fact they send you letters weeks in advance wanting money off you and constant calls, yet when it's the other way around they seem to be a lot quieter.

I'm aware that's the way the world works with these big companies but nonetheless it boils my piss.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I only paid £300 in cash and am due £102 back. I'm not scared they won't give me it, it's the bullshit that's annoyed me. If they know that money is set aside for me it shouldn't matter if I can get in on the Tuesday or the Friday, the money should be set aside for me to collect. The money itself isn't the thing that's annoyed me (if I was desperate for the cash I'd have been at the door ASAP) it's the fact they send you letters weeks in advance wanting money off you and constant calls, yet when it's the other way around they seem to be a lot quieter.

I'm aware that's the way the world works with these big companies but nonetheless it boils my piss.

Take an invoice detailing the charges you are making based on your time, phone and other admin costs.

They'd fucking charge you if you were wasting their time.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Utilities are the worst.

underpaid by 2.50 and they’ll get the collectors in. Overcharged by £250 “we’ll just carry that credit forward to your next bill.... oh, you’d like it repaid? Hang on while I connect to our obstructions team”

52 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Take an invoice detailing the charges you are making based on your time, phone and other admin costs.

They'd fucking charge you if you were wasting their time.

Can he claim interest on the money he's due?

8 hours ago, Torpar said:

North American stand-up comedy audiences

Bang average comedian - Hello

NA Audiences - Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, wooooooooo, yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to combine your themes of comedians and Quebec:

Montreal:

Well known edgy Scottish comedian : Good evening Moose fuckers. Half of you speak French and the other half let them...

Audience member then lays out comedian.  

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I initially planned to rip him off by flogging his shoes and clothes, but you know the oddest thing happened.... Couldnt find a buyer. 

Might start taking bids on P&B for the Rent Boy.....

Mrs bought me some new shoes yesterday..

3CBEA7FF-5E44-4E7E-A950-9D4B41C09F7D.jpeg