well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm a great advocate of the 'Sitting and Doing f**k all' mantra.
It's like meditation. These mugs can't appreciate the level of contentment achieved doing nothing.
This. I actually despise these "Aw I canny sit and watch tele, I need to be doing something" c***s.

I enjoy watching tv if I actually want to watch something. I despise just watching any old pish for the sake of it.

I heard the most horrendous combination of words I have ever heard in my life earlier. Walked in the house to have my ears subjected to some of the worst music known to man. 

- "What the f**k is this pish?", I politely enquired. 

- "It's Michael Bolton. He's covering *some fucking awful tune* by Roy Orbison".

I would rather have been waterboarded. Terrible. 

This. I actually despise these "Aw I canny sit and watch tele, I need to be doing something" c***s.

Aye like theres some sort of shame in taking some time to sit and do f**k all.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I heard the most horrendous combination of words I have ever heard in my life earlier. Walked in the house to have my ears subjected to some of the worst music known to man. 

- "What the f**k is this pish?", I politely enquired. 

- "It's Michael Bolton. He's covering *some fucking awful tune* by Roy Orbison".

I would rather have been waterboarded. Terrible. 

I'll be honest, I didn't think Michael Bolton covering a Roy Orbison tune could result in the horror you describe, and went hunting for the song in order to point at laugh at your terrible taste.

Fucking hell though, you were right. And it gets worse - it was written by Roy Orbison AND Jeff Lynne.

Aye like theres some sort of shame in taking some time to sit and do f**k all.
My old man did nothing for years, literally years of his life but sit and watch utter shit. Put me off watching TV for the sake of it for life.
However, I've sat all day and played games for hours on end.

Trying to get through to HMRC on the phone.

Got a letter in today to say that I owe them £200 odd after they paid me too much in tax credit.

Kind of odd given I've not claimed tax credits for about 8 years.

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Trying to get through to HMRC on the phone.

Got a letter in today to say that I owe them £200 odd after they paid me too much in tax credit.

Kind of odd given I've not claimed tax credits for about 8 years.

Trying to get them on the phone is a complete and utter fucking nightmare.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Trying to get them on the phone is a complete and utter fucking nightmare.

Phone is showing 23mins at the moment. :thumbsdown

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
Phone is showing 23mins at the moment. :thumbsdown

Hang up. f**k em.

Just managed to get through.

Turns out it's for a joint claim that I made with an ex about 8 years ago. They overpaid us by £400 so requested 50% of it back from both of us at the time. I paid my £200 but he didn't so apparently they send a letter to both of us even though they have it on their system that I've paid my half back.

Fucking mental.

My old man did nothing for years, literally years of his life but sit and watch utter shit. Put me off watching TV for the sake of it for life.
However, I've sat all day and played games for hours on end.
My dad is like this now.
Takes dog out.
Does his jigsaw he buys or trades new ones in.
However a lot of time he watches TV. If he didn't have the dog he would be stuck in the house majority of the time.

I worry for his health as before all he ever did was work. :-(

That's worrying indeed but more than mine ever did. Never walked the dog, the c**t. Need to find a rewarding past time somehow, maybe tats why so many old play bowls?

Driving back to Edinburgh along the M8 I joined a tailback about 3 miles from the end of the motorway. 45 minutes later and two miles onto the bypass I passed the broken down car that had caused the problem.
The car was on the hard shoulder not obstructing the road in any way but just behind it was one of the Emergency vehicles displaying a big sign saying "Slow down, breakdown".
Why should anybody slow down, you don't slow down to pass parked cars in any other circumstance.

Small talk between host and contestant on TV game shows, and the ensuing forced banter. Pointless especially is bad for this.

Don’t give a monkeys f**k what Patricia from Plymouth does in her spare time, or what she’d spend the prize money on. Amazed if anyone else watching does either.

Although on the other hand it’s more fun on the odd occasion when a dislikeable/smug contestant goes home with f**k all.

People in the flat below are doing it up and have been doing work all week until what I would say are questionable at best hours. They’ve now started drilling and hammering stuff again at 10.10pm. Who the f**k thinks that’s acceptable.

That's worrying indeed but more than mine ever did. Never walked the dog, the c**t. Need to find a rewarding past time somehow, maybe tats why so many old play bowls?
His argument would be.... why do I need to do anything when I've worked all my days? He is quite happy doing nothing however he does like to phone me while at work to either moan or talk about money.
Having too much money seems to be a huge issue.