Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My right ear is bunged up again! :angry:

I hate my ears. Especially my right one. It feels "heavy" and sound is very "dulled". Going to pour a bottle of almond oil down it when I leave work.

My right ear is bunged up again! :angry:

I hate my ears. Especially my right one. It feels "heavy" and sound is very "dulled". Going to pour a bottle of almond oil down it when I leave work.

Might sound like odd advice, but gargle warm salty water and see if that helps.

Guest The Phoenix
Might sound like odd advice, but gargle warm salty water and see if that helps.

MIGHT SOUND LIKE ODD ADVICE, BUT GARGLE WARM SALTY WATER AND SEE IT THAT HELPS.

(Thought it best to shout in case he couldn't hear you. :ph34r: )

Really? :mellow:

Aye, I know a thing or two about ear related problems! :P

The dullness may be down to a pressure related problem, if you've had a cold or anything recently, they may be bunged to buggery. If you gargle warm salty water, it basically opens the tube that connects the ears to the throat and lets them equalise a bit.

The salty bit is useful if there is a bit of an infection developing, because the ear, nose and throat are all connected. Its good for ya!

The dullness may be down to a pressure related problem, if you've had a cold or anything recently, they may be bunged to buggery. If you gargle warm salty water, it basically opens the tube that connects the ears to the throat and lets them equalise a bit.

The salty bit is useful if there is a bit of an infection developing, because the ear, nose and throat are all connected. Its good for ya!

Fnarr :ph34r:

Just been Googling that actually and it turns out you are right. Some peopl recommend that. I haven't had a cold recently but I do often get a pretty bad waxy build up in my ear. I wear ear phones a lot of the time listening to music so they block wax falling out ear and more than likely initiate the build up of wax. Lovely stuff!

Guest The Phoenix

Thought you might want to know that Italy has the world's highest mortality rate from ear infections.

Just been Googling that actually and it turns out you are right. Some peopl recommend that. I haven't had a cold recently but I do often get a pretty bad waxy build up in my ear. I wear ear phones a lot of the time listening to music so they block wax falling out ear and more than likely initiate the build up of wax. Lovely stuff!

Course Im right! :D As a cripple, I basically wear big rubber dildos in my ears for 18 hours a day, and so I get a similar problem. The dullness is more likely to be pressure than wax though.

To get rid of wax, I recommend ear buds first, and then for precision cleaning, wooden cocktail sticks/kebab skewers to get right in there and loosen it all up. Then you need to gargle salt water to get rid of the resulting ear infection caused by scratching your ears raw.

Trust me, Im an expert!

And so there you have it - between us all, we know everything there is to know about ear problems and waxy build up! :D

Yep. I also know that RiG is a showerer, not a bather. This is because I used to get in with him so I could "do him" when I lived there. So I'm told, anyway.

Guest The Phoenix
:o

You're a dentist's receptionist??

Nope, worse, government official.

All spongers applications for NHS Treatment are forwarded to the appropriate department for checking that the tooth fairy hasn't been telling porkies.

Guest The Phoenix
Yep. I also know that RiG is a showerer, not a bather. This is because I used to get in with him so I could "do him" when I lived there. So I'm told, anyway.

:o

Did you mean to put that in code tags or did you really live with RiG? :unsure: