Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Our office is freezing as the heating isn't working. Temperature is sitting at 13.2°C but we have to wait another hour before we get to go if it still isn't working.

Our office is freezing as the heating isn't working. Temperature is sitting at 13.2°C but we have to wait another hour before we get to go if it still isn't working.

Well if its any consolation, my office is lovely and toasty. :D

My employers are currently pissing me off. I have set myself to a transfer to another part of work as there wasn't anything left for me in the department I am in just now. Meant to be finishing on Friday then I don't start training for my new position until Monday the 14th. I'm quite happy at this, I've not had a full weekend off in almost 3 months and this will mean I will have at least 2 in a row.

Last night, one of my line managers in my current department was telling me how she had accepted a job in the department I am meant to be going to. I said that was great as it meant I could apply to be in her team and have a good manager that I know quite well (half the battle).

She then comes out and says - "Well, even though you have signed a transfer contract, this department are considering keeping you."

I am really hacked off at this. Why did they not come and tell me this as soon as my name was mentioned? It would mean not taking a wage drop and staying with a bunch of folk I get along with alright. I was actually looking forward to going to this different department as it will be a new challenge for me (on lower wages though).

I think if the ask me to stay, I am just going to tell them to ram it. I've been messed about far too much with this crowd so I don't want to let them do it anymore.

I fucking hate my job. Roll on tomorrow for 10 days off.

My wee nag is doorholding.

Now, holding the door in corridors is fine, after all, if you are walking through a door and there is someone close behind you, then it makes sense to hold the door open for them...the problem comes when they are quite far behind you...but not that far!

I mean, you come up to the door, go through it, hold it open behind you...but then you realise that they are too far behind, and you are now forcing some complete stranger to have to run and look undignified, while you stand there looking even more undignified, like some sort of mad rapist.

Of course, not holding the door open is unthinkable, after all, if they are walking a bit quicker than you think, you might look terribly rude.

And so, you stand there for a second, looking like a fool, holding a door...you realise instantly that you have made the wrong decision, and the correct thing to do was walk on. After all, I know I dont want to be considered a mad rapist creep, and so you let go of the door and walk on.

Inevitably though, that moment of hesitation has allowed them to catch up, and as you let go of the door, you can see that its going to hit them and inconvenience them, but by this point, its too late, and all you can do is walk on a bit quicker, making sure they don't catch up.

I would LOVE to be able to rid myself of this habit, I do it all the bloody time! :angry: God knows how many people have had to do some wide eyed last minute dodging to deal with the door they expected to be held open by that mad creepy rapist...and of course, I have continued to walk on past my destination, before running up a floor and doubling back, just so I don't have to make eye contact.

I'm not the only one who does this? Right?

My wee nag is doorholding.

Now, holding the door in corridors is fine, after all, if you are walking through a door and there is someone close behind you, then it makes sense to hold the door open for them...the problem comes when they are quite far behind you...but not that far!

I mean, you come up to the door, go through it, hold it open behind you...but then you realise that they are too far behind, and you are now forcing some complete stranger to have to run and look undignified, while you stand there looking even more undignified, like some sort of mad rapist.

Of course, not holding the door open is unthinkable, after all, if they are walking a bit quicker than you think, you might look terribly rude.

And so, you stand there for a second, looking like a fool, holding a door...you realise instantly that you have made the wrong decision, and the correct thing to do was walk on. After all, I know I dont want to be considered a mad rapist creep, and so you let go of the door and walk on.

Inevitably though, that moment of hesitation has allowed them to catch up, and as you let go of the door, you can see that its going to hit them and inconvenience them, but by this point, its too late, and all you can do is walk on a bit quicker, making sure they don't catch up.

I would LOVE to be able to rid myself of this habit, I do it all the bloody time! :angry: God knows how many people have had to do some wide eyed last minute dodging to deal with the door they expected to be held open by that mad creepy rapist...and of course, I have continued to walk on past my destination, before running up a floor and doubling back, just so I don't have to make eye contact.

I'm not the only one who does this? Right?

No you're not the only one, but you're the only one petty enough to write an essay on the subject!

No you're not the only one, but you're the only one petty enough to write an essay on the subject!

Well it is the petty nags thread, Im bored, and my brain feels like mince. Plus I smacked someone in the face with a door shortly before I sat down here to write this.

Bloody electric. We've a standing order with them for £30 a month to pay our bill. It's slightly more than we need to pay to be honest, but the extra comes back to us at the end of the year. Just noticed that for the last 2 months they've taken £78 out of our account instead of the £30. Were they going to bother telling us they were doing this and why? Seemingly not <_< Ryan's on the phone now sorting it out...

Welcome to the club. We'd probably be better off asking who IS sleeping properly just now. :huh:

A thread will be started shortly, I'm still bored out of my tits. And it's started snowing heavily again, it's going to be a fun journey home, even the walk to the train station might be eventful :(

I never noticed the part on the renewal application that says to renew my drivers license online i have to do it 30 days in advance :angry: That means a trip to the DVLA place tomorrow before i get into work, and likely a 1hr wait <_< I suppose i can get my car registration done to save me another late start next week.

I never noticed the part on the renewal application that says to renew my drivers license online i have to do it 30 days in advance :angry: That means a trip to the DVLA place tomorrow before i get into work, and likely a 1hr wait <_< I suppose i can get my car registration done to save me another late start next week.