Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Virgin bloody media,Our TV box yet again is showing no programme information showing.
It's been like that for a couple of days on mine as well.

See if you switch the VM box off for ten seconds then turn it back on again it might help solve that problem. :D

Bloody wisdom teeth and no dentist. Being a Sunday too, I am well buggered. I am so tempted to rip them out myself at least I will get some sleep.

Carlos, I am suffering the same miserable fate as you my friend.

I have found that alcohol helps immensely, hense why I've spent the vast majority of this last week pished :D

See if you switch the VM box off for ten seconds then turn it back on again it might help solve that problem. :D

Yip, that's my normal cure, only I unplug it totally. Might be something to do with static building or something, I don't know, but it usually works for me!

Having said that, it's irritating and I don't recall it being so much of a problem before Virgin took over Telewest.

Yip, that's my normal cure, only I unplug it totally. Might be something to do with static building or something, I don't know, but it usually works for me!

Having said that, it's irritating and I don't recall it being so much of a problem before Virgin took over Telewest.

Your right,when it was blueyonder/telewest,all you had to do was press the blue botton and the listings came up no problems,but now it's just a pain in the butt having to switch it off and then back on again,it also take a while to load up.

Same with the volume control on the remote control.....Has it ever worked? :blink::unsure:

Its only the 30th of December! Up until 10 minutes ago, I could have sworn it was the 31st! :angry: I even came back down from Arbroath 1 day early and went to the shop an hour ago for 2 days worth of food (shops are closed on new years day)....b*****d!

People who say "sorry?" when the dont hear whats been said,

Why are you fukkin "sorry?"

Whats wrong with what? pardon? you say something? you talking to me c**t?

I'll fukkin "sorry?" you!

"Sorry", as in "Sorry, I didn't hear what you said, please repeat it."

Makes sense to me, I say it quite regularly.

Your right,when it was blueyonder/telewest,all you had to do was press the blue botton and the listings came up no problems,but now it's just a pain in the butt having to switch it off and then back on again,it also take a while to load up.

Same with the volume control on the remote control.....Has it ever worked? :blink::unsure:

Yes, but depending on which remote you have, you might have to tune it in.

It needs to know what make of TV you have.

If you phone 150, some nice man in Mumbai will be able to help you, if you can decipher what he's saying!

Yes, but depending on which remote you have, you might have to tune it in.

It needs to know what make of TV you have.

If you phone 150, some nice man in Mumbai will be able to help you, if you can decipher what he's saying!

We have the light gray one,when the bloke came to install VM he did say that the remote volume wouldn't work. I don't know why as he never said.

I'd rather not call them,they don't have a clue what they are talking about half the time.

We have the light gray one,when the bloke came to install VM he did say that the remote volume wouldn't work. I don't know why as he never said.

I'd rather not call them,they don't have a clue what they are talking about half the time.

Our volume works ok,I have just tried turning the box off at the wall and it didn't work :angry:

Our 'care-taker' manager Jim Clark.

He couldn't take care of your fcuking rabbit while you're on Holiday! :angry:

He also, imo, it seems, is unable to say the right sort of things whilst being interviewed. <_<

Clarky get tae f**k!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Our volume control works fine, but it's the volume for the Virgin box, rather than the TV that it controls.

Ours thought it was 21.50 on Thursday for several hours on Thursday night, and then all day Friday it thought the time was 21.50 on Friday. It got the days right at least, but it wouldn't let us turn the channel over without manually typing in the channel number. We couldn't just select a channel from the menu, as it thought we were trying to set reminders for everything. Adam just unplugged it for a bit and it was fine after that.

With regard to Virgin Media staff not having a clue, I don't personally see that changing at any point in the near future, even with the new staff member they're going to have later this month... :whistle

I've got a light gray one and a V+ box. The volume didn't work so I phoned to confirm if it should, I was asked what kind of TV I had and was talked through setting it up and, Hey Presto!

It's the TV it controls, but on my upstairs box (not V+) with the black remote the remote volume controls the box!

Confused? You should be!

Edited by LiviClyde