Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I drove back here from Arbroath. My car has become every womans dream car.

Every time I touch the throttle it makes a loud tortured noise, and the entire car vibrates like crazy.

Are you sure it is the car making the noises / vibrating - strikes me that it could be the driver? :unsure:;)

PS Just realised that would negate the "every womans dream" bit. :lol:

Are you sure it is the car making the noises / vibrating - strikes me that it could be the driver? :unsure:;)

PS Just realised that would negate the "every womans dream" bit. :lol:

No, its my exhaust. :(

Its now in 2 pieces, torn off just behind the converter. Whats the legal status on exhausts? And as a follow up question, anyone know any cheap and temporary fixes? Im scrapping it just after christmas, so I dont want to spend money on it!

Im thinking I might try punching holes in the ends of an irn bru can and sliding the exhaust into it.

Its now in 2 pieces, torn off just behind the converter. Whats the legal status on exhausts? And as a follow up question, anyone know any cheap and temporary fixes? Im scrapping it just after christmas, so I dont want to spend money on it!

Im thinking I might try punching holes in the ends of an irn bru can and sliding the exhaust into it.

IIRC you live in Stirling? If you like I can give you a good mechanic in Dunblane to have a quick look, he'll probably do a quick weld on it for next to nothing if you give him my name.

IIRC you live in Stirling? If you like I can give you a good mechanic in Dunblane to have a quick look, he'll probably do a quick weld on it for next to nothing if you give him my name.

Really appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I dont even have a budget of next to nothing...a coke can is about the limit of my budget.

Plus Im not able to get to Dunblane at the mo!

Like I said though, really appreciate the offer anyway! :)

Really appreciate the offer, but unfortunately I dont even have a budget of next to nothing...a coke can is about the limit of my budget.

Plus Im not able to get to Dunblane at the mo!

Like I said though, really appreciate the offer anyway! :)

:lol:

Fair enough, I thought it was still driveable at least!

Ah well, good luck with it. If you decide you need it let me know.

My new kitchen is falling apart already. Not happy and the company won't pay for the fitter to come back out as it's not their problem. Sorry the door has warpped after 8 weeks so quite frankly it is your problem.

My new kitchen is falling apart already. Not happy and the company won't pay for the fitter to come back out as it's not their problem. Sorry the door has warpped after 8 weeks so quite frankly it is your problem.

Tell the company you'll be firing a wee letter off to the local and national press if they dont get it sorted.

The Judge in the Sunday Mail deals with that kind of shit quite efficiently!

Guest The Phoenix

And as a follow up question, anyone know any cheap and temporary fixes?

Dye your hair and beard white, look out your little red number and harness up Donner and Blitzen.

Tell the company you'll be firing a wee letter off to the local and national press if they dont get it sorted.

Don't theink a compnay like Ikea will care about one wee letter.

:lol:

Fair enough, I thought it was still driveable at least!

Ah well, good luck with it. If you decide you need it let me know.

Because I chained the back of the exhaust on last year I wasnt able to take it off this morning when I drove in, however, it scraped along the ground quite a bit. Ill sort it out before I drive home, Im resourceful...

Dye your hair and beard white, look out your little red number and harness up Donner and Blitzen.

I dont think Santa wears tight fetish pvc, so that rules that plan out. :(

Guest The Phoenix

Might work but it sounds like Rowan might have caused some of the damage?

I warped one of our cabinet doors in our kitchen when I left the hot tap running and the sink overflowed, which was totally my own stupid fault.

Needless to say, upteen years later we still have a warped cabinet door in the kitchen. :lol:

Don't theink a compnay like Ikea will care about one wee letter.

Ah right! I thought it was a smaller independent company.

Might work but it sounds like Rowan might have caused some of the damage?

I warped one of our cabinet doors in our kitchen when I left the hot tap running and the sink overflowed, which was totally my own stupid fault.

Needless to say, upteen years later we still have a warped cabinet door in the kitchen. :lol:

I tried to put the child proof thingys on our kitchen cupboard doors.

Drilled pilot holes straight through two doors and cracked another door while pulling it towards me to get some purchase from my screwdriver.

I was successful with the hazardous liquids cupboard though so the bairn should be safe until he works it out.