Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

My uncle's one bit of advice to me was to keep other people's balance statements and when handing out your number to a lassie write it on the statement.
It doesn't work now with everyone having a mobile phones and Facebook making everyone BE A WARE, but it was a simpler time.

A fool proof plan, with one small flaw;

It's not fool proof and only an absolute w****r would use it

2 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

Wasp bikes? I've never heard this phrase before. Are they nests or is this an extract from the can you guess what it is thread?

Wasp's nests.  I find them eerily creepy things, although I took great pleasure in annihilating them with ant powder last year and smashing the nest apart in makeshift protective gear.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

1) Girl in the office that closes a tab in Chrome and reopens a new blank one whenever she wants to change a web address.

2) This one has probably been repeated on a seasonal basis since the inception of this thread, but f*** it: Folk that go mental whenever a little furry bumble bee comes within a mile of them. I'm sure that smashing it with the back of your hand will resolve the situation.

Thankfully we're only in bee season so far. I've not actually seen any wasps yet, although they're obviously out there seeing as I destroyed a couple of early wasp bikes in my shed last month. Hunners of bumble bees in the garden this year though, which is unusual as we usually only get the wee brownish honey bee ones that I've yet to see any of.

My daughter is the opposite. She picks up bees and nurses them back to health with sugary water if they look a bit knackered. Getting stung doesn't bother her. Quite a hardy wee kid. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My daughter is the opposite. She picks up bees and nurses them back to health with sugary water if they look a bit knackered. Getting stung doesn't bother her. Quite a hardy wee kid. 

I saw one of those knackered ones on the pavement on my way to work last week, but I couldn't do much other than wish it good luck.  I passed the same point later that day, only to find a squished bee. :(

I propose a minutes silence. Tomorrow, 11am.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

I saw one of those knackered ones on the pavement on my way to work last week, but I couldn't do much other than wish it good luck.  I passed the same point later that day, only to find a squished bee. :(

Or a minute's buzzing. I try and give them a splash of espresso but it doesn't seem to do much for them 

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I try and give them a splash of espresso but it doesn't seem to do much for them 

Looks like you'll need to step up a level:

tumblr_olvnbi3cfj1v6elt0o1_500.gif

Eta: 'Bees on Speed'

HznmD073_400x400.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

I saw one of those knackered ones on the pavement on my way to work last week, but I couldn't do much other than wish it good luck.  I passed the same point later that day, only to find a squished bee. [emoji20]

This wouldn't happen if people would

Bee Aware

1) Girl in the office that closes a tab in Chrome and reopens a new blank one whenever she wants to change a web address.

There's a woman does this in my office. She even uses Bing to search for Google. I'd show her how to use it properly but she's unable to retain information and I'd need to tell her again two days later. Fucking luddite!

43 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

This wouldn't happen if people would

( •_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Bee Aware

FTFYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

On 2017-6-20 at 13:31, DA Baracus said:

Is this the show where it's revealed they have 8 cheeses in the fridge yet always buy new ones?

The same show where they swap out foods and take the labels off so the family can't tell what it is, and they're always absolutely adamant that it's 'their' brand and not the swapped out one, and when they find out it's the swapped out one they are utterly amazed, and find the entire process absolutely hilarious for some reason?

I hate that show.

Just saw a bit of this. Not only do they swap for own brand, they swap for own brand from 5 different supermarkets.

Who the f**k is going to go to 5 supermarkets and queue 5 times for their cheapo messages? You'd have to be utterly mental.

3 hours ago, microdave said:

There's a woman does this in my office. She even uses Bing to search for Google. I'd show her how to use it properly but she's unable to retain information and I'd need to tell her again two days later. Fucking luddite!

Its fucking outrageous in this day and age people are employed without basic IT skills.

Had to show some boot how to insert a photo into a PowerPoint the other day and my boss how to convert a word file to PDF. They are both in their 40s.

37 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Its fucking outrageous in this day and age people are employed without basic IT skills.

Had to show some boot how to insert a photo into a PowerPoint the other day and my boss how to convert a word file to PDF. They are both in their 40s.

You should have inserted a boot into her pie.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

This could be a good idea for a thread...